Low Calorie Snacks.........

Options
Just thought I'd get some of you guys ideas for low calorie snacky foods.

Just now I'm snacking on sugar free jelly (10cals per pot). Jaffa cakes are also only 45.

Anyone else got any little gems they've found?

Replies

• vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free jello cups (10 cal) with fat free cool whip (2 TB - 15 cal), natural applesauce (50 cals/half cup), little lenders mini bagels (70 cal) with red raspberry preserves (40 cal/TB).

And, especially in the spring summer, an incredibly delicious dessert that is low cal- take 1 cup fresh strawberries and slice into bite sizes with a sprinkle of splenda (or other sweetener) , add 1/2 cup fat free cool whip - mix together. Top onto 1/5 slice of sugar free angel food cake. Yummmmm. 206 calories :-)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I hate raw broccoli without some kind of creamy dip, but ranch is murder... so I started dipping them in hummus. A tablespoon or two of hummus is not a ton of calories, and the fiber in the broccoli can keep me full for hours.
  • hadham72
    hadham72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    breads sticks - only 22 calories each
  • lloydster88
    Options
    i love to snack on cantelope for a low calorie way to curb my sugar cravings ;)
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    I like pretzle sticks because you ger so many for 100 cal. I also do quaker mini rice cakes, fruit, or Emerald chocolate almonds(yum).:tongue:
  • tkarst
    tkarst Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the Special K Crackers which are 90 calories and the Laughing Cow Lite Cheese which is only 35. Hummus is also a good low cal spread for the crackers.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    kozy shack no sugar added tapioca, apples, grapes, bananas, kelloggs fiber plus chewy bars, cheese...
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of ritz snak mix or lorna doones
    chocolate rice cakes
    celery and peanut butter
    jello sugar free w/ sugar free cool whip
    100 cal pack microwave popcorn OR naked popcorn (thats the brand name)
    VITATOPS!!!

If I think of more, I'll let ya know! Good luck!
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    Forgot to add

meringue shells (I no, I never believed it at first either)
  • thuelskamp
    thuelskamp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to munch on a whole tomato (usually about 35 cals) by sprinkling salt on it. I did it so much I got sick of it though. I also like all the Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs, especially the Wheat Thins because I love salty crunchy foods.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    trouble is so many of the yummy sounding stuff many of you post about is not familiar to me in the UK, it might be marketed under a different name or just not available :-(
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    -celery w/ hummus (about 75 cal for my snack size)
    *you can also dip baby carrots, broccoli, cucumber, bell pepper
    -rice cake with sugar free jam and a little bit of almond butter (about 150 cal)
    -a tangerine and a handful of dry kashi cereal (sweetness for about 80 cal)
    -Laughing cow spreadable cheese wedge with 2 slices of Wasa light rye crispbread)
    -2 slices Wasa crispbread with hummus spread on and topped with salsa (sounds weird, but its very good!)
    -cinnimon roasted almonds (160 cal. per 24 almonds)
    -shelled edamame with sea salt (120 cal. for 1/2 cup)
    -pistachios

I love the edamame, almonds, and pistachios for snacks to take to school. this is because i can just throw some in a bag and go. (of course i measure serving size first). No mess though. i save the ab&j rice cake, hummus, and Wasa Crispbread combos for when i get home from school.
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    trouble is so many of the yummy sounding stuff many of you post about is not familiar to me in the UK, it might be marketed under a different name or just not available :-(

Me too Karen, been using google a lot to find out what certain things are lol

Cool whip = "skooshy cream" (I think)
    Miricle whip = Mayo

How did the world survive without google :bigsmile:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options

Me too Karen!!

One of my fave yummy snacks in the UK is a Ryvita/crispbread with 15g light Philadelphia and 5g Sweet Chilli Sauce, it is sooo nice!!
    68 calories
    2 g fat
    10 g carbs
    155 mg sodium
    2 g protein
    2 g fibre

I also love jaffa cakes, and was quite impressed with myself today as I managed to eat only 2 instead of the whole pack,and wasn't even tempted with more!! :bigsmile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot... dried plums, ada prunes. I have a can of Sunsweet ones (individually wrapped prunes) and I just stick some in my purse on long days. One is 25 calories, but they are decently sized, they satisfy my sweet tooth, give me a little burst of energy, and the fiber is way more fiiling than candy.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Dried apricots

Ryvitas & mult grain crackers and topping them with spinach leaves, tomatoes, rocket, & a thin slice of cheese or tzatziki

Fruit

I love a small bowl of the Alpro soya vanilla flavoured yogurt with a little Nature's Pleasure crunchy muesli in it

A few almonds
  • chelso1
    chelso1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sugar free red vines. You can eat 7 of them for only 90 calories. I can only seem to find them at Target though.
  • zkitty
    zkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ham & Mustard Lettuce Wraps: 42 calories

1 Lettuce Leaf
    1 Piece of 97% Fat Free Honey Ham
    1 tsp Honey mustard (if you use normal mustard it has virtually no calories so -10 cal)

The best way to eat this is to tear up the lettuce leaf and make mini wraps as you eat. This takes longer and feels like you ate more :wink: