Zumba

Options
So I've just signed up up do my 1st Zumba class, has anyone been to one before? Just wondering what to expect, are they as hard as they look??:noway:

Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've been for Zumba :) It's very fun, but it helps if you're good with catching up with routines and the various dance moves that they tend to use :D It's pretty quick, but also so much fun! Enjoy :D
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Bring a friend if you can. I found it much more enjoyable that way.
  • 19toots66
    19toots66 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Be able to laugh at yourself at first...sometimes the routines can be tough(at least they were for me)and all I could do was laugh at my self and just kept moving...even though I looked funny at times, the laughter brightened my day! Also, you will get the routines....JUST KEEP MOVING and a good teacher should tell you that.

Have fun!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I find cause to laugh at myself constantly so i'll be fine on that front lol
    I have done a Salsa class or 2 and have done a few pole dancing classes (I tend to stick out my tongue when concentrating....soooo not sexy lol)

I shall take all the lovely advice I have been given and just go give it a whirl

• cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It is a lot of fun and I love it. Don't get discourage at your first class if you have a hard time following the moves of the instructor. Just keep moving and have fun with. The more you go the easier it will get.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Its not hard and its FUN! Have a good time and don't worry about it. There are people from 300lbs to 80 years old in my classes.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of classes now and it's really good fun! Remember to take a bottle of water in with you (I forgot the first time and got really thirsty). I found the steps quite easy to pick up and I'm not that coordinated, there is lots of repetition so you can learn the moves. Have fun!
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Make sure to let the instructor know that you are new to Zumba as well. And as everyone else has said, have fun! I spend half the time laughing at myself doing something stupid, and I've been doing it for over a year.
  • grey_lady007
    grey_lady007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found the steps easy to pick up. The best advice is to dress comfortably, bring water, keep moving and have fun. Don't worry if you can't do the steps as well as the person next to you or at their intensity. Also, let the instructor know if you have any physical issues, ie bad knees, etc so that he/she can help you modify any steps to ensure that you still get the benefits and not cause any pain or injury.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    My local class isn't a high impact Zumba so I eventually bought the DVDs to get more out of it.. I really enjoy Zumba, but like everyone said be prepared to laugh at yourself.. I consider my coordinated and to have rhythm but with all this extra weight it is still tough to do some of the moves.