Females Who Weigh 300 - 325 (5'6" or thereabouts)

Options
What is the calorie limit on your diary? Is it working for you?

I'm trying to play with my numbers, so I'm just looking for an average to see if I'm close, for comparison's sake. If I'm way off, as in 500 calories off, I'll readjust. The MFP number hasn't been working for me, so I'm trying TDEE, and I think I *might* have broken this eight-week plateau.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Rats. The title should be 300 - 315, not 325. Oh well.
  • linz0saur
    Options
    Im kinda at a plateau myself, how did you get past it?
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Am 301, 5'7.5" and my daily calorie goal is 1950. I'm not sure if I'm eating enough - I found a group called eat more to weigh less which suggested a whole bunch of different numbers, the core of which is to *never* eat less than your BMR. Mine is around 2100 and on heavy lifting days they suggest I should be eating well above that (around 2500). Those numbers just scare the pants off me so I haven't tried it yet, but I have noticed that when I go over my calorie limit by a couple hundred I tend to lose a bit the next few days.

It's all very confusing, really!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 and I weigh 265 pounds.I am going to start around 1800 calories, but never go below 1200.
  • ChelseaJewell
    ChelseaJewell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and stuck at about 320 and my calorie intake is set to 1700. I'm doing a lot of interval training now and hoping that will move the scale some. Cardio between each set of weights and even intervaling the speed on the elliptical or treadmill and doing more cardio on days I don't do weights. My favorite is the elliptical though and we've been sprinting 30 seconds, jogging 30 seconds off and on. It feels better than doing it at one pace too, somehow not as tiring but you're doing more for your body.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh that. I am insulin resistant, pcos, metabolic syndrome. The ONLY thing that worked was cutting carbs to a pretty low level. Nothing else worked. I did start counting cals when I got into the mid lower 200s.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i was a whopping 300lbs at one time.. lost and gained the last decade.. when i turned 50 i was on a mission to be healthier and was 270 at that time. last year i got down to 192. now i am 221. i got lazy this year and so i caught myself before i got way back up there again. i lost three lbs so far because i weighed in at 224 last week. you can add me if you want. i sooo know what you are going through!!!
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When I was in the 300s I was eating about 1700 a day and walking an hour a day, which had a pretty big burn for me since I live on the side of a mountain. I averaged a 12 lb loss per month until I hit the 250's when it slowed down. Hope that helps.
  • princeclinton
    Options
    I'm like a lot of the women posting here. Last May I weighed 305 lbs. Currently I weigh 234. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. But I do think that exercise is important. I do cardio for an hour and half each day but I haven't yet added a lot of strength training. I need to add more. Any suggestions? I would love for anyone to add me as a friend, I could use the encouragement.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started at 380 pounds and actually ate 1800 calories till I reached 210 pounds :)