I LOVE MY DOG!

Options
Matilda_Swan
Matilda_Swan Posts: 3,342 Member
Ok, I know this is a diet and fitness place but I see a lot of people have dog pics on their profiles, mine included. That being said I LOVE MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!

I have a little 30 lb puggle. He is VERY hyper and high energy, always up to mischief. He is super smart and loves to run, camp, hike, and swim. He keeps up with big dogs. He is also UBER loving and social and loves being with family and people.

He is my second baby. I put him right below my son in my heart. He sleeps with me, goes everywhere possible with me. We are bestest buds.

He doesnt talk back, doesnt take me for granted, is always happy to see me, spends time with me, makes me laugh, I just love everything about him. I love his snores and his doggy smell.

I know I sound crazy. i am a single lady with a pre teen son. At the end of the day it is nice to have a stress free friend to cuddle with, someone to go on a walk with, and to tell all your secrets to. It is the most easy going stress free relation ship!

People think I am crazy to want to stay home with my kid and my dog. They think I should be out looking for love. They think I am lonely. Actually I am quite content right now. I have my son and my dog for company. I never feel "alone." People dont understand that when I am ready I will find someone. I am just not ready.

Does anyone else love their dog so much????

Replies

• lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bump for later so i can reply. yes i love my dogs too
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Tell you friends ther is a difference between being alone and being lonely. I've been a widow for 6 years. My little girl keeps me sane.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    How could I not??

0I2UL.jpg
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love my dog too! My husband and I have been trying for over a year and a half to have children and we haven't had any success. In the meantime, my 1.5 year old BLIND german shepherd dog gets a lot of smothering!

2012-08-06%2016.11.42.jpg
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    When I got divorced... worse part was losing custody of my Akita... BUT being an animal lover soon I found a black lab blind in one eye in need of a home.

Absolutely perfect relationships no stress just want to love you and spend time with you! Make you laugh even when you are stressed and keep you warm on a chilly winter night. I love my dog!

I do have a boyfriend again who thinks I love my dog more... can't say it aint true:wink:
  • been2boston
    been2boston Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My dog is the best thing that happened to me in the last year. I honestly am not sure I would be sane right now without him.

Last February, near the end of the month, he and another dog showed up in my driveway when I got home from my shrink. It was dark and I live off of a main, busy road, so I called them to come in, and the both came hauling in! Washed them up, played all night, posted on CL and FB and called the local shelters (both had collars, but no tags). Next day, the other pup was claimed. But no one ever claimed my little guy- and turns out he was only about 5 months old! So, a couple weeks later, I named him Rosco and he's the best anti-depressant I've found. A reason to get out of bed in the morning, even on the days I feel like I can't.

So yea, I love my dog. :-) <3
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How could I not??

0I2UL.jpg

OMG how gorgeous!

i have a 9 month old Lhasa Apso and hes is my best pal ever! he too comes every were with me apart from work and bed and for such a little dog he comes running/walking with me and loves every minute! If i new how to post pics i would show you all him :)
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My dogs are in my ticker :)

I love them muchly, we have a 2 year old (yesterday was his birthday!) Shelti-poo named Loki and a 6 month old mini poodle named Odin (Odie). They are close to being my best friends :) Dogs are GREAT!

I'm also currently house sitting with two cats and 3 more dogs, a Poodle named Zoe, a Husky named Titus and a Dalmation mix named Molly :D
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love dogs more than most people, and my Rolo, an 8 year old chocolate labrador, is the sunshine of my life. I could go on, but I will get all mushy and weepy. Love. My. Dog!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! I have three greyhound rescues that are the most wonderful dogs. I'm fortunate to be self-employed and working at home, and I HATE when I have to go to a customer's for a few hours and leave them behind. They're my sanity in a world of craziness and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

P.S. Retired racing greyhounds make the best dogs - google and learn more if you're interested. I highly recommend http://www.teamgreyhound.com/ if you live in Ohio, and they have great general info if you'd like to learn more :)
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    12640_101466323214662_240632_n.jpg

She's my little buddy
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Three dogs, three cats, one horse!

I have no intention of having kids, these are my furbabies :)
    Theyre my whole world!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My puppy dogs :)
    10492_3406614698858_60790628_n.jpg
    My aussie puppy Yahtzee, she's about 6 months now.
    And below is my Husky, Zero, he's just over 3 years old.
    196382_1571785069264_6393395_n.jpg
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh, so cute! I love dogs! My dog is pretty special I think. I love her so much, even her stinky kisses.
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same here. Love love love my dog and we have 3 house cats and i have 20 barn cats :). Crazy animal lover here.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My dogs are my children!!!

Reesee - LH Dachshund
    Reesee_zps189d7b6e.jpg

Kasey - SH Dachshund
    Kasey_zps536368fe.jpg

Holly - Rescue Boxer/Pit mix
    Holly_zps941c7648.jpg
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Yes! I have 3 and they are my children. I have a Golden named Myo (he was being trained to be a service dog but got hurt & couldn't go out in service...Myo is Latin for muscle...he was named for a woman who had ALS). Myo was with me through vet school & he is my soul dog. I will never forget what he did for me during that time in my life. Kaia is my "Georgia Brown Dog"(hound mix) & she is my nurse...whenever I am sick or sad, she will NOT leave my side & she looks very worried until I am better. She is also the "fun police"..she makes sure that play with the other dogs does not get out of hand :) I also have an Australian Cattle dog named Finn. He is the baby & he is so naughty! But then, he is the absolutely BEST snuggle bug you will ever meet. He makes me melt on a daily basis. People ask me how I can work with dogs all day & then come home to three more...I have the best life ever....that's how!