When you go out drinking how many calories do you save?

Options

Replies

• breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that lol'd at this question? haha

i did :)
  • 7530tania
    Options
    just put what your going to drink in your food diary and see where you stand. It tells you the calories ect as you know. Then delete it.
    Thats how I find out how much I can drink
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I usually require around 400-500 calories if I'm using diet soda to mix, not including food. I'm not very careful on nights that I drink though.. I'd rather eat something and go a little over on my calories than under eat and feel sick. Just have fun.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I drink at home. Alone. In the dark. Listening to Charlie Parker.

That's cool. :smokin:
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I am half asian and I think I have that weird 'alcohol flush' reaction or am just a bit of a lightweight.

You made me laugh ... my Sister is married to a Korean and she calls it the "Asian Glow". I think you have enough calories, but I agree with the advice you need to eat also. :flowerforyou:
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I like to eat my normal calorie allowance and hit up the gym to burn any alcohol calories I plan on consuming. I also pre-plan my alcohol drinks.

Tonight for instance, I plan on having six 1 ounce vodka diet tonics (with lime) so I worked off an extra 450 - 500 calories today.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Just realized we're giving alcohol advice to an 18 year old.. lol.
  • IGotUrPistola
    Options

Haha, her bio says late teen. Under-aged drinking FTW
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Oh noes! BUSTED!!
  • shortyuk
    shortyuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    She is from Scotland. Legal drinking age is 18.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't bother. I have something stodgy before I go out like a sandwich, and then just don't think about it. BUT I always have a pint of water when I get in and a banana - swear by it for a hangover. More water if you want it.

Also, high five for being Scottish :drinker:
  • shortyuk
    shortyuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't bother. I have something stodgy before I go out like a sandwich, and then just don't think about it. BUT I always have a pint of water when I get in and a banana - swear by it for a hangover. More water if you want it.

Must work! I've seen you drink!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to drink straight from the bottle.

Oh dear...
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, keep the mixes low cal. Soda water or diet coke if you plan to have rum and cokes. Will you be dancing while out? You'll burn some extra cals doing that as well.

Just try enjoy yourself. =)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Must work! I've seen you drink!

HAHAHA! Likewise pal, likewise :laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good calorie amount to me. I'm also a lightweight, but I also don't like getting drunk. I'll leave it with a buzz, which often means two over the course of a whole party. I figure that's 300-400 cals for the drinks and 200 for snacks. It is easy to snack more than you meant to though! I'll usually eat something high in protein or fiber before I go out so I don't have the urge to chow down.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    Woah I totally forgot about this!

Okay weeell I don't know if 625 was enough or not...the morning after I weighed myself and I lost weight. But I kinda ruined that by binging afterwards and most of today >.> anyhow at the party I ended up with a little, maybe 1/3 bottle of smirnoff ice, shot of JD, vodka blue mixed with chocolate cake (it sounded like a good idea at the time, to use vodka blue as a dip) and maybe 1/3-1/2 can of beer.

I spaced the drinks out over time and stopped drinking 1 hour before being picked up. Most of the time I was looking after my friends because one of them passed out and started vomiting everywhere and the other kept trying to runaway with the sheesha pipe...lol I should get the best friend award!

It was a pretty awesome party :P thank you everyone for the advice and suggestions! I can tell they will all come in handy in the future.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YdKKsJIwTg
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

Ray Parker Jnr for me.

Bustin' makes me feel good.
  • undeludedwish
    Options
    Okay weeell I don't know if 625 was enough or not...the morning after I weighed myself and I lost weight. But I kinda ruined that by binging afterwards and most of today >.>

Story of my life. Freak out about occasion... Fail to think about after the occasion... :)