I'm new- looking for motivating friends

Options
Hi. I've been on MFP just logging my foods in the past but didn't know there was an entire community out there of fellow MFP! Add me..I'm always looking to meet new people. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • barbargn
    barbargn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on the prigram since early summer and I have lost 18 pounds... it's not easy the key is to have a exercise program , that you like, to burn the calaries .....I survived picnics ,a weeks vacation where it was nearly imposible to count calaries ,but you learn to make wise choices and porion size and think of a new healthier you.
  • want2ba10again
    want2ba10again Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I need and appreciate it!
  • want2ba10again
    want2ba10again Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @babargn: Thank you! No, it's not easy at all and I'm fearful of the holidays but I have to keep pushing. I don't want to gain a single pound this holiday season so I have to work hard and be extremely careful.
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Welcome. Request sent.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started in September. I have my original total loss goal of 35#, but I am thinking of switching it to 40# to be a size I'd be happier with.

For me, joining MFP has been my smartest idea ever. It's great seeing how other people eat (you can share food diaries with friends) and getting ideas. I have a limited imagination and I can use the help to switch things up to make life interesting.

I am not on a diet. I am making a lifestyle change. I am looking for something life-long and sustainable. So I'm not rigid. I have some blood sugar issues so I'm watching my sugar intake, but I'm not rigid about that either. I try to use my calories wisely. I try to always eat protein with simple carbs. And I am working on portion control.

What I like about MFP is we are all doing it differently. I have one friend who does a near-fast every other day then eats sensibly every other day. I have one friend who eats a fair amount of calories but exercises like it's going out of style (you can earn food calories that way, of course). I have a friend who only has 12 pounds total to lose, and one who is looking at more like 150. We are all in different places, have different specific goals, and different methods for getting there. But one common goal. Healthy.
  • pammymcslammy
    Options
    Just joined, started my diet yesterday, im not ssure how it will go, but christmas is not getting me this year...lol, with allthat yummy food, lol. But moditivation, and healthy eating are my goals this season. God luck to you..
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Feel free to add me; i'm consistent and all my MFPfriends to.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Have been on 645 days...always willing to motivate and support....anyone wanting to add me please do!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great place! Feel free to add me - this is an amazing community - I'm so blessed with the help I've received from my MFP Familia!
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me, I have been on here since January, but have logged in 90+ days straight while also doing Insanity. Starting my 4th month of Insanity straight on Monday. I do not miss one single day on here and I thrive on my MFP friends and husband. Without them I would have never made my loss so far. Add me and see where this can take you too! Good luck!!! :O)
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just joined this week, on monday to be exact. I am looking for motivating friends as well. Feel free to add me, I am consistent but not perfect and would like a circle of motivating friends as well :)
  • JuiceyJeena
    JuiceyJeena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello I joined 2 weeks ago feel free to add me
  • lanapoo
    Options
    Been logging daily. I'd love to motivate you and have you motivate me as well! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • andreamariexo
    Options
    I added you!
  • pbblacknsexy
    pbblacknsexy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this site.....and I need lots of motivation been battiling with this weight forever...I want to drop 45 pounds and I am hoping this site will give me the encouragement I need.
  • hesiben
    Options
    I'm new here and will gladly add you when I figure out how.lol It's great being able to track progress this way!
  • pbblacknsexy
    pbblacknsexy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Please add me.....need the motivation asap
  • hesiben
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and looking for motivating friends!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I can be added...always looking to motivate and be motivated.