Year End Challenge

Options
I am interested in organizing a challenge to start Nov 25, 2012 and end Jan 5, 2013. It would require work from you 3x a week for a max of 15 min for weekly challenges, min equipment and a weekly check in with your numbers. This will not be a weight based challenge, instead it will be based on your BF% and measurements. You do not require a scale that measures body fat % either, just a tape measure.

We can have a group that provides daily/weekly motivation and help with any struggles that you are suffering through at that time, whether that be fitness or other related or if you just need help with that week's challenge. Whatever you need to get off your chest or help with. Motivation will be a big part of your life for the next month. :happy:

I am hoping that this will be something that will push everyone out of their comfort zone, including myself and yet have fun at the same time. And finish 2012 with a bang!!!

If anyone is interested, reply here and we will get things organized and ready to start for Nov 26.

Replies

• kjm123079
    Options
    Count me in
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot...Could we use our scales that measure BF%? I really need some sort of encouragement to push me thru the New Year, since NYE is the first anniversary of my Grandmother's passing :( This is gonna be a super difficult time of year for me...already feeling it...
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome kjm123079 and Sunshine, glad to have you on board :flowerforyou:

You can use your scale but I find they don't provide the most accurate info. I have a found a website that uses other body measurements that I think is a bit more accurate and will hopefully provide a much better picture for you.

I will definitely be here to help you through the New Year, these times of the year are always so hard.

Anybody else??? We can do better than 3 peopl can't we???
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Too funny!! I just had the same idea!! lol :0) Great minds think alike!! :tongue:

I posted it on my fitpage this morning.. didn't see this until now.. awww
  • kendradl
    Options
    I know Nikki I saw your FB post after I had posted this this morning, great minds def do think alike. I am really hoping I can get a few more people though, just three works but it would be way more fun with more :happy:

Come on people anyone else out there????
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well if you wanted to team up we could do that. :)
    Keep it in mind.

I can give you admin rights to the Fit Page that i post stuff on.

Think I'm going to make a group too.. that way people can support each other in a private group.

Depends on how many are interested.

Good luck!! :laugh:
  • kendradl
    Options
    Hmm Nikki that is a good idea, I am going to give it until the end of the weekend and see how many more I can recruit and then we can go from there.

A team up might just be perfect :happy:
  • kendradl
    Options
    REPOST - Looking for more participants, anybody interested just respond, let's see how many people we can get :drinker:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I like challenges!!! Just tell me what I need to do. :)
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in, could do with a new kick start!! :wink:
  • kendradl
    Options
    Welcome guys :flowerforyou:

I am still putting things together on my end and I amnot starting it for another week so we have some time. Once I finalize all the details I will get everyone the info.

In the meantime keep checking back here for updates and such!!

Can't wait to get started :happy:
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! I need something like this....I have no access to a scales so I need a challange that's not weight based!!
  • rayray0220
    Options
    New to boards ...would love a challenge to keep me motivated. Can you share the web site you found to calculate BF% and what measurements are needed?
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fantastic idea, count me in!
  • kendradl
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy Monday (I think??) :drinker:

Well it looks like we are ready and roaring to go for next week. I am going to start organzing things this week and filling you all in on the deets, until then we need a group name!!

Anybody have any good suggestions??? I have been playing with a couple this morning but just don't like them. Once we get a group name I will create a group and we can get things moving along.

Let me know what you got :happy:
  • kendradl
    Options
    No takers for a name, no problem we will go with the simple 2012 Year End Challenge for a name. I have created a group and I think extended everyone and invitation, hopefully that works.

If not here is the link to it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9783-2012-year-end-challenge

Hope to see you all there soon and then I can dish on the deets for the challenge, I have come up with a lot of good things these last couple of days and I am sure you are all going to love it!!!

I can't wait for us to get started :smile: