I want a twinkie....

Options
2»

Replies

• miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    hostess in canada was unaffected. I still have twinkies.

Not a huge fan of twinkies but do enjoy them once in awhile. My fiance was devastated and then got relieved when I read him your comment. Being the geek that he is, he looked into it and realised that Twinkies in Canada are sold by Saputo under Hostess brand, and Saputo is still going strong. So yay! :P
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Heck no, screw twinkies.... I want zingers!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Another company will buy them up. No worries! Hopefully the new owners will not have a greedy union to contend with.
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    Lol, last night I came home to a bunch of hostess cakes in my apt. I hadn't seen any in my apt. ever before. I asked my fiance what was going on and he said with a sad look in his eyes "I found a bunch of my favorites but no twinkies!". I was like what?! Then he told me what I had missed on the news and that his next project is to find as many twinkies as he can. I had to stifle a laugh but to each their own! I think I might do the same thing if it was reese's going out of business ;)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think Hostess snack cakes aren't really a big thing in Canada...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i don't want twinkies, but since that other thread, i can't stop thinking about these... Tastykake is still in business!
    krimpets.jpg

i just want one. or maybe two. oh, ok, three! but that's it. no more.

Butterscotch Krimpet! Get in ma belly!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes

...and all the other stuff from the other thread, including those butterscotch cakes above my post.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    yes! when i heard i went into a panick!! i had my husband go to the store and he said all they has were powered donuts and chocolate zingers ewwwww! I wanted vanilla zingers and a twinkie.... sad to say.. I went to another store and all they had were the tiny packs of hostess.. I got my vanilla zingers!!! and those cinnamon roll things.... I am happy I got my vanilla zingers! so sad i dont have a twinkie.. probably never will again.. I guess i can take off the vanilla frosting of the zinger and pretend its a twinkie.. but that wont be the same :( haha!!!! oh well. if i go today i know they will be whipped clean!!!!!!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    How will we survive the zombie apocolypse !?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Yes

...and all the other stuff from the other thread, including those butterscotch cakes above my post.

Bam! ask and you shall receive!!

http://shop.tastykake.com/
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I know the feeling. I was thinking that for old time's sake, I should run to the store and pick up some twinkies, cupcakes, etc. You know for my kids??

Then I thought.. nah. I will eat them before the kids have a chance!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I hear they are selling them on ebay for 60 bucks.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I never cared for twinkies.

Now ding-dongs and ho-hos... and cupcake...
  • ThePinkPretzel
    Options
    no, haha, what i have heard so much about twinkie's lately that i had a dream about them last night! lmbo
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Yes, I love twinkies. And, knowing they have an extended shelf life, it would be cool to show my grandkids one day the genius that was the twinkie...
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Now that everyone is freaking out and buying this stuff, it will probably increase their profits enough to continue production.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes

Bam! ask and you shall receive!!

http://shop.tastykake.com/

Thanks!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I never was a big fan of twinkies but hostess products that is another story!!!

Its funny how people want something that we know is bad for our health.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I should buy a few boxs just to keep around for a necular holocost.

Given the fact those are the only foods you could eat. xD