Low Carb Snacks

Options
I just recently realized that all my snacks usually consist of carbs and I'm trying to eat a more balanced ratio of carbs/protein/fat. My snacks usually consist of banana, rice cakes, baked chips, nutrigrain bars, or granola bars. I need good snacks I can take to work with me that aren't all carbs.

Replies

• kkochend
    kkochend Posts: 27
    Options
    Baby Carrots and Hummus are good sometimes I also packed sliced cucumber instead of hummus.
    Small Apples, grapes, and yogurts also make my lists daily for healthy low carb snacks.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I was eatting very high protien to gain muscle mass and ran into this problem! Meat, :laugh: that's the only thing I could really snack on. I did roast my own soy beans and they kinda taste like nuts. Just pick some up in the frozen food section. I used sea salt and olive oil. I think they were 9 carbs, but very very high in protien (for a snack anyway)
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Some ideas I use:

raw almonds w/apple
    low-fat string cheese w/pear
    1% cottage cheese w/pineapple
    hummus w/carrot sticks
    natural peanut butter w/celery

Make sure the almonds are NOT salted or roasted. Try to find string cheese that is 1.5g of fat or less. They're hard to find sometimes, but they're out there. I think the Frigo brand has some. Processed peanut butter is no good.

You can also mix 1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz. of orange juice or other natural fruit juice (no added sugar and not from concentrate).

Mix it up anyway you'd like! Hope these ideas helped.
    Tina
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    carrots and peanut butter is SO good!! try that!
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    string cheese is a good one and has a good amount of protein.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    My go-to snacks are

Apples with PB
    Celery sticks
    Cocoa Roasted Almonds or dry roasted, no salt Peanuts
    100 Cal packs
    Milk or cheese sticks
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Do you like boiled eggs?
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Check out this website for low carb foods/snacks. I've tried the LC pancakes, awesome!

http://oliciouslife.com/