Protein powder scoop

Options
I have Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Strawberry and it says for 1 scoop it is 38 grams and 140 cals.I was wondering how much should it all weigh if I wanted half a serving, including the scoop. So should it weigh 19 grams including the scoop? And when it says the serving size, does that always include the scoop?

Replies

• orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Strawberry and it says for 1 scoop it is 38 grams and 140 cals.I was wondering how much should it all weigh if I wanted half a serving, including the scoop. So should it weigh 19 grams including the scoop? And when it says the serving size, does that always include the scoop?

The scoop is not included in the weight of the serving size. So half scoop of powder will weigh 19 grams. If you have an electronci food scale, you should have a "tare" weight button. Put a bowl or cup on your scale and push the tare button. This will take the scale back to zero. Then add whey until it comes to 19 grams. The other way to do it is to put the container on the scale before you turn the scale on, and it will start at zero. If you don't have a digital, electronic scale, I recommend that you get one. They are invaluable in dieting.

Alternatively, just eyeball it. You won't be that far off.
  • emily115
    emily115 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much the scoop weighs, but no, it isn't included in the 38g. Either do what was suggested to zero out your scale, or weigh the scoop when it's empty to see how much it weighs, then add 19 to it and that's what it should weigh with the half-serving of powder in it.