Cranberries Anyone?

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
Here are some great low -calorie and low-sugar sauces for your Thanksgiving Dinner!

Cranberry Sauce :
Ingredients:
2 (12-ounce) bags of fresh cranberries, washed and sorted
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cloves

Instructions:
1. Add the cranberries, pineapple, orange juice, pomegranate juice and ginger to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. When the berries start to pop, stir consistently until the mixture thickens.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in maple syrup and cloves. Chill until ready to serve.

Serves: 12

Nutrition Content (per serving):
74 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 13 g sugars, 3 g fiber, 0 g protein, 4 mg sodium

Note: For a chunkier version, peel and chop three large oranges into bite-size pieces and add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to the cranberry mixture before chilling.

Nutrition Content (for chunky version):
122 calories, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 24 g carbohydrates, 16 g sugars, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein, 4 mg sodium

Read More http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2010/11/healthy-recipe-lower-sugar-cra.html#ixzz2CKjhFNCW

Replies

• rachaelbmh
    Options
    Great recipe - thanks for sharing! I just made a batch of cranberries for dinner last night - so yummy!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I am a fan of the canned jellied cranberries but I know that is full of sugar!
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump