protein powder to coffee?

Options
13»

Replies

• JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes, one scoop chocolate with 4 oz skim milk - shake well, then add to 12oz coffee. Very good!! (GNC Pro Performance AMP, but I'm not married to it...)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Does anyone add protein powder to your coffee? If you do..how is it and what brand do you use. Thanks

I found out yesterday that STARBUCKS has protein powder they can add. One scoop adds 30 cals and 6 grams of protein.

This AM I had a Grande 1 pump Skinny caramel latte with 1 scoop protein. My drink total? 150 cals and 19 grams of protein. Was tasty as usual...

Wow this is great news! Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Protein coffee is one of my normal afternoon snacks! I use half a serving of vanilla ON soy protein and whip it into my almondmilk using a coffee frother. (This is a small, battery-operated whisk designed to froth up milk for coffee -- the one I have now was $2 at IKEA.) Then I pour some nice strong coffee into the cup... it's a great power-up, but I'll admit the taste took a little bit of getting used to. I don't use any extra sugar when I use the protein powder.

I'm drinking one right now, as a matter of fact!
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    YEP! I just use Target brand. I put coffee, protein powder, and caramel sauce in a blender (and sometimes milk/creamer) with ice and blend! :) I've never tried it hot though because I don't like hot coffee.
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump...I wish I had thought of doing this before but will definitely try now !