New mom losing the baby weight

Options
I just joined up yesterday to try out the site, and was quite impressed. I love all the features and the entries are really easy compared to some other tools I've used in the past.

In April I gave birth to my first baby, a little girl, and, like many women these days, I gained too much baby weight. A lot has been shed naturally with recovery and breastfeeding, but I have about 20lbs more to go. I just got the go ahead to start exercising again from my doctor (I had a c-section), and can't wait to get started, though I know it will be slow.

Thanks to the other breastfeeding moms on the site who posted some clues on how to manage the extra calories you need to consume while still trying to shed the pounds.

Replies

• kaychic
    kaychic Posts: 8
    Options
    I just joined up yesterday to try out the site, and was quite impressed. I love all the features and the entries are really easy compared to some other tools I've used in the past.

In April I gave birth to my first baby, a little girl, and, like many women these days, I gained too much baby weight. A lot has been shed naturally with recovery and breastfeeding, but I have about 20lbs more to go. I just got the go ahead to start exercising again from my doctor (I had a c-section), and can't wait to get started, though I know it will be slow.

Thanks to the other breastfeeding moms on the site who posted some clues on how to manage the extra calories you need to consume while still trying to shed the pounds.
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome!

I too am working towards losing the baby weight. 1st baby, the weight melted off with no thought about it. This time the weight was not coming off.

Congratulations!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations on your new bundle of Joy:drinker: :drinker: They are so Precious I wish I could hold her for awhile.:happy:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome...K :flowerforyou:

Begin with walking that beeeeautiful baby outdoors in a stroller.

You will lose it quick...and look amazing if you do it every day.

~Namaste
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi kaychic!

I just joined today and for the same reason. Although my son's 15 months, I never got back on the wagon after having him.
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I joined to lose my baby weight, too. Did I mention the"baby" is 3????? Oh well, better late than never:smile: Welcome!!!!!!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my baby is 3 and I have my "baby muffin" top :P still, even though I'm a size 0 in most pants.

You're not alone and

CONGRATS!
  • kaychic
    kaychic Posts: 8
    Options
    yeah, I've heard the muffin top doesn't go away with diet and exercise necessarily :cry:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    oh my, look at the teeny tiny baby sooooooooo cute :bigsmile: good luck!:drinker:
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Hello All... I am a new mom too but for the 3rd time. I am trying to get off this weight now that I am done with baby making. My littlest is 3 1/2 months now.
  • MrsHutch
    MrsHutch Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm here for the baby weight/muffin top too! My son is now 1 and finally letting me sleep almost through the night so I think it is about time I look after myself a little. It will be tough but I know there is a skinny healthy woman in here somewhere! Congrats and welcome!
  • secretajent
    Options
    I just had my son May 2 and gained a ridiculous amount of weight. After the initial post-hospital weight loss, I still have 25 lbs left to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm in my sister-in-law's wedding Aug 8, so I'm hoping to be close to my goal by then. Good luck to all the ladies trying to shed pregnancy weight!
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yeah, I've heard the muffin top doesn't go away with diet and exercise necessarily :cry:

Oh no! Don't say that!!!!! It HAS to go away.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I wasn't cleared to work out until almost a year after my son was born (I had a c-sec and alot of problems with my back afterwards) So my son is three and I am about 5lbs away from pre preggo but just don't look as good as I used to.

WELCOME and congrads on that beauty joy in your life:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I joined to lose my baby weight, too. Did I mention the"baby" is 3????? Oh well, better late than never:smile: Welcome!!!!!!

It's okay, my "baby" is 5...almost 6!