female over 50

Options
Just starting out n weigh 74kg at 5ft 4in. wanting to lower weight n cholestrol....been on chol meds for 15 years n wud love to get off them.

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You come to the right place to start making changes. Lots of people here to help support and encourage each other. As a starting point I would check through the forums and find someone who you like what they say and then "friend" them. It may take a bit to build your network, but it is well worth it!
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as support. Been here since July and down 30 lbs. hubby and I are keeping each other on the right healthy track.
  • want2feelbetter
    want2feelbetter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome !! I think your gonna really like it here...There are a lot of people traveling the same journey. and they are willing to lend support encouragement and even share a recipe or two : )
  • FitEndAg_i
    Options
    I agree and target cardiovascular and metabolic health from a physical perspective. I get to expand a bit into my head and heart while riding my bike, or should I say, vigorously exercising getting my heart rate up to what's recommended for me for at least 25 of my 50 minute ride. My blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol/triglycerdies are all heading in the right direction. Get a bike, climb on it and ride! Great Health to you!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read your profile. It is nice to want to do this for daughter and husband, but really - do this for your self. Add me if you like.!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am sure you will like it here.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Tons of support around here.
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Same age almost the same weight! Same province! Good luck on your journey!
  • nerida5
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat - 74kg and starting to feel quite unhealthy. I would really appreciate same friends to help with motivation, because I know it wont be easy to do this. My main fear is that i'll start binge eating if I get too hungry and then it's really hard to come back. Been there, done that!
  • Mysharonna60
    Options
    I am a female over 50 as well. I understand your fear, however you have already taken a big step towards being healthier and that tells me that you are ready for a change. I believe that to be true with me as well. Best of luck to you, I will be here with you too.
  • billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello. Turning 50 in about 2 weeks and I can't believe it. Mentally, I feel about 35. I have been at this for about 6 months, but I have had my ups and downs. More ups than downs actually. But I keep coming back to this site, determined to stick with it. The support is nice. I find myself logging in just to see what everyone else is up to and they make it encouraging to get back on track. Add me as a freind if you would like.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Looking for women who are serious and committed. Add me if you like:)