My very first NSV!!!

Options
simnuts
simnuts Posts: 32 Member
Times 2!!!

Ok so I'll start with my husbands NSV however, I see it as a victory for me too as we are doing this together. So today we had to go to parent teacher conferences at school for our youngest and on the way out we ran into another parent who is a friend of mine. She was so shocked to see my husband she hadnt seen in a while and had no idea what to say to him and it came out... "WOW Hi..you look...well theres less of you!" We have been laughing about that all day! Mind you he has lost about 60 total and 35 since joining MFP.

Now my NSV is that I have a pair of jeans that are my "goal" jeans. I keep them visible so my eye is on the prize. Today while we were running around I couldnt keep my pants up at all. My jeans were saggy and baggy and plain annoying! I was afraid to put my cell in my pocket for fear it would make my pants drop! So tonight after dinner I was thinking about it and decided I should just go ahead and try on my goal jeans and if the didnt fit well then I could blame it on being the end of the day or just had dinner so as not to be a downer. Boy was I shocked when I put them on after dinner at the end of the day and they FIT!!!!

Ahhhh the sweet feeling of victory!!!!

Replies

• michigangirl75
    michigangirl75 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good job to the BOTH of you!! And Awesome on the jeans too!! Makes ya do the happy dance and keep on going!! =)
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome, for both you and your husband! My goal jeans are still sitting on the chair--I have lost a total of 14 pounds, so maybe I have to lose a few more like you did before I get into them! :bigsmile:
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    Sounds like you need a new pair of "goal" jeans! Haha. I had to invest in belts, myself, due to similar problems. :P
    Congratulations!!!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Awesome! I love hearing these stories, with the little back drop to it and all, love it! Good job, keep up the good work, your hubby too, tell him I said "good goin"!
  • simnuts
    Options
    Thank you al!!

Yes this has reignited my motivation and I finally feel like I see my body heading in the right direction!

I have never ever been sooo proud of my hubby either! I feel like he is remaking his committment to me by getting healthier so that we will be married for even longer than when we were both being unhealthy.

Onward and Downward we go!!!!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Jeans never lie. You know, the mirror kinda lies and the scale can play tricks on you but a pair of old jeans that you USED to fit into, then didn't, suddenly does. Pure victory.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go!!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful double NSV! Congratulations to both of you. That is clearly the result of a lot of hard work.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Victory indeed. You two are obviously good support for each other. : )
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yay!!!! Awesome :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    That is Incredible for both of you, I thank God my wife and I are doing this together it has made it so much better. Yay For you Both
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    AWESOMETASTIC NSV!!! congrats to you both on all your hard work and dedication
  • llamanoir
    llamanoir Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Kudos to you.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Whoot Whoot!!!!! Great job for both you and your hubby!!! Keep up the great work.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great job for BOTH of you.
  • simnuts
    Options
    Awww you are all great people!!!

A million times thank you for the kind words!!!
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Awesome!! Wonderful NSV for you both.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    wtg!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome NSV for both of you!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    awesome nsv´s!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!