apple pie oatmeal

Options
schustc
schustc Posts: 428 Member
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tablespoon brown sugar or a little less
1 single serve container (1/2 cup) healthy helpings applesauce (no sugar added but sweeter than unsweetened)
Cinnamon

Cook oats as directed. Stir in applesauce, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Tastes just like apple pie! I have it frequently for dinner.. very filling and reasonably low Cal. If you don't have this brand of applesauce, you may have to add more brown sugar, but that is OK, the natural applesauce only has 50 Cal's and this brand is 90 so it would even out.

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    mmmm. Sounds yummy!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I think this will be breakfast tomorrow! Thanks!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    mouth is watering :D
  • schustc
    Options
    Bump -- anyone try this? :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Landiecat
    Options
    Adding apple sauce to the grocery list (:
  • hugsee
    hugsee Posts: 36
    Options
    yummmm
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I Remember making this before.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    sounds great!
  • dwebbqt
    dwebbqt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1 apple, cinnamon, 2 equal pcks. Cook in microwave for 3 min, 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup non fat greek yogurt. So very yummy. Desert for breakfast!
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know what I am having in the morning. Thanks for posting this. :flowerforyou:
  • stephd5238
    stephd5238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MUST try this. Tomorrow! Thank you!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I make something similar but I nuke a whole apple (diced) with cinnamon until it gets all gooey and add it to the oatmeal with a tablespoon of almonds and I also usually add a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder. mmmm, yummy! :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i usually eat oatmeal almost every day for breakfast, and i have single servings of applesauce that i stocked up on for the hurricaine. totally trying this tomorrow, super excited. thanks!! i think i will half the brown sugar and see how that goes. add my usuall cinnamon and cloves and see how that goes :p
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal just about every morning during the week and this is close to what I make except I dice up a fresh apple, sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon, add a few raisins and microwave for a minute. I then add my oatmeal and water to the apple mixture and microwave 2 more minutes.

I have also substituted 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree for the apples and add a dash of nutmeg and a tablespoon of chopped nuts for pumpkin pie oatmeal.

The oatmeal is very filling for me and it's quick and easy, probably no more than 5 minutes tops to make. I'll have to keep the applesauce in mind for when I run out of apples :)
  • schustc
    Options
    good luck al!!

I have a preference for the applesauce over diced, because i think it permeates the oatmeal better. now if you wanted to try BOTH that might be something amazing!
  • schustc
    Options
    I think you need to try it both ways... there's something about it that makes it taste more like PIE this way
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump for later..... several things I want to try! Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump