Warrior Dash

Options
Has anyone ever heard of these? I'm SO excited and plan to run one next summer... but I have a lot of training to do! (says the girl who interval runs 1.5 miles on a treadmill...) I think I might die in the training, and if I don't die doing that then I'll croak in the dash but it will be worth it!

Has anyone ever run one? Or another mud run? Or a color run?

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    use the search feature on here. there is a lot to read. and google too.

even youtube. today i watched a 15 minute clip of the obstacles of tough mudder.

good luck.
  • lisamariebennett
    lisamariebennett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash back in May in Dallas. I had trained using the C25K, and it was my first 5K. (hadn't planned on that, I wanted it to be my second race, but broke my toe in March before my scheduled regular 5K)

I ran 99% of it, and was able to do all but one of the obstacles. (at the time, I was 50 pounds overweight, but had finished all the c25K training)

The only obstacle I couldn't do was the rope pull up the straight wall with little ledges. I was able to do everything else at 210 pounds, 5'6", and 42 years old.

I loved every minute of it. The mud pit under the barbed wire was awesome! It was definitely exhausting, though.

The swim part was a little difficult, but I know the obstacles vary from site to site. The floating barge we had to pull up on was in shoulder-deep water and it was floating 2 feet above the water. I just didn't have the upper body strength. Luckily I was running it with a friend and we helped each other up.

I will probably do more like it - trying to persuade my DH, as I think it was more fun with a partner.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I hope to do one next year, my mom and step dad did one this year, and if they can kick it's butt then I can, too! I don't know that it's really all that difficult.. I mean, you may be sore afterwards, but it's definitely doable if you're in decent-but-not-amazing shape.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I did one here in Oregon in September! It was awesome, tons of fun and muuuuudy! The one here had some major hills. There is a pic or two on my profile!

ETA: I know people that did it and pretty much walked the whole thing. You should be fine if you keep at it! :D