Favorite Cookbook?

Options
SusanLovesToEat
SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
I was just discussing this with a friend...

My favorite cookbook before MFP: Patricia Wells, At Home In Provence

My favorite cookbook after MFP: Jaques Pepin et al.., The French Culinary Institute's Salute to Healthy Cooking

Replies

• DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mine is titled : 365 Healthy Favorites / Easy Recipes for the Busy Kitchen by Mary B. Johnson
    I've found some real winners in this one!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    Options
    Mine is titled : 365 Healthy Favorites / Easy Recipes for the Busy Kitchen by Mary B. Johnson
    I've found some real winners in this one!

I'll have to take a look at that one-need to add some more healthy ones to the library!
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girls 300 under 300
  • SusanLovesToEat
    Options

WOW! That one looked great! I liked the Ch 12: Crock-pot Fun cause I'm getting my first Crock-pot :-))
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

WOW! That one looked great! I liked the Ch 12: Crock-pot Fun cause I'm getting my first Crock-pot :-))
    i have 3 of her books and stalk her web page :) there is also a series of books... fix it and forget it lightly... just for the crockpot
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    my fav is simple to sensational by Jun Tanaka

my fav low cal books are the cook yourself thin ones and The skinny french kitchen by Harry eastwood
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    There's a great selection of cook books by the BBC's Good Food series! They've got a book for everything! Each recipe has a nutritional section, too, so you've got your calories etc.! My favourite from the series are the One Pot Recipes as everything in there is soooo simple and always tastes great and as it's long cooking you don't need so much fat so generally low in calories! I'd recommend them to anyone :3
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Any of the Taste Of Home Comfort Foods Diet Cookbooks....Taste of Home has some really great recipes in them.
  • 5goldrings
    5goldrings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Mine will always be Joy of Cooking. It's just a good cooking resource in general.

I also really like Patti LaBelle's "LaBelle Cuisine". I've adapted quite a few of the recipes in there to my current diet.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    http://www.stephaniealexander.com.au/books/the-cook’s-companion/

very simple explanations of how to cook any type of food. and party pieces.
    I haven't had a single failure using these recipies.

try the duck mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love the Taste of Home Diet cookbook.

But, really, I think my favorite one is a homemade binder with inserts of healthier recipes that I've printed from websites like Skinny Taste, Emily Bites, etc. Whenever I tell my husband to find something for dinner, he always goes to that binder and picks something out. (He LOVES the Turkey Taco chili from Skinny Taste!)
  • ltliddell
    ltliddell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favourite cookbooks are still Jamie Oliver's books, Nigel Slater's Tender vol 1 & 2 and Plenty by Yottam Ottolenghi. I have to adapt their recipes to fit in with my new lifestyle though. I also find a lot of inspiration on food blogs, the BBC's Good Food website and Pinterest!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    the new farm vegetarian cookbook

ani phyo raw food desserts

ani phyo raw food kitchen

anything by martha stewart

but the best cookbooks by far are my text books from culinary school. every recipe is absolutely perfect and amazing.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Easily "The Looneyspoons Collection". Ridiculous titles ("Britney's Spears" or "Melancauli Baby") but excellent recipes with a very sound nutritional basis and loads of interesting facts/research sprinkled throughout. I eat out of it time and time again.

Then also Martha Stewart's "Everyday Food: Great Food Fast": Quick, tasty and mostly healthy recipes, divided by season. Less than an hour total time and less than a half hour hands-on time. SO good.

I'm a bit of a cookbook addict, really.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like Harumi Kurihara's cookboook 'Everyday Harumi' and the New Covent Garden soupbook A Soup For Everyday.
  • craftysammy
    craftysammy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOONEYSPOONS!!!!!
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a huge Cookbook collection...of course, I have to adapt most recipes but my favorites are the local "church/school/favorites" type of collections spiral bound...sort of "homemade" type. I also really enjoy books like Michael Symon's "Live to Cook" or "Asian Flavors" by Wendy Sweetser (lots of other ethnic or region ones) specialty books because I learn so much from them about techniques, spice combos and cooking hints and tricks.