Tattoo

Options
13»

Replies

• TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Been under the needle for just over 13 hours in my life and I love it. I find it's addictive.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Yes, but more or less depending on where you get them. It always hurts less in a fleshier, fattier area than over bone. Over bone is a mother.
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They feel almost like tweezing or little ant stings. (to me, anyway)
  • it depends on the person...
    the location...
    and the size of the tat.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have four, and the most painful one was the smallest- it is on my inner wrist and it honestly hurt more than any tattoo or piercing I've experienced. Location is super important!
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    Oh, and make sure you really really want what you are getting. Think about it for at least a month before you get it, get nothing on a whim. I have two tattoos covered up already!!

I waited a full year before getting my tattoo. I was certain I wanted it, but made myself wait just to be sure. I was like a kid at Christmas in few days before I got it.

I got mine on my side, just below my rib cage. I didn't find it very painful, but I have a high pain tolerance. (And I kinda like pain :wink: )

Also, research your tattoo artist. Talk to your friends that have tattoos and ask to see pictures of tattoos that your artist has done.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone else says, they hurt. Different parts of the body hurt more than others. I have 5 tattoo's they all hurt, but only my last one brought me to tears. It was a wrist bracelet and when the needle hit the bony part I cursed and bit the my lip hard to not move and mess up the artist. the buzzing of the needles bothers me more than anything, I bring head phones and just listen to music.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Had both my wrists done and I didn't think they hurt at all
    But everyone is different. I found stretching my 2 lobes hurt more than the tattoos and my tragus being pierced
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yes they do hurt. How much they hurt depends on the person.
    I have seen grown men almost pass out from the pain but I have also seen women almost fall asleep during it. If also depends on the artist. Some don't care and are harsh others are great and gentle.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have 4... 1 on my lower right back. 1 on my left lower abdomen. 1 on my right thigh and 1 on my left thigh. My Thighs did not hurt much at all. My back only hurt when they hit the hip bone and ribs. The lower abdomen hurt the most, but that is a very tender area.
    It all depends on where you get the tattoo.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Foot pinched a little, over the bone on my ankle felt like it was vibrating into the bone but not painful (think getting a filling when numb) the rest of my ankle and back didn't really hurt at all but I have a high pain threshold.
  • martincrca
    Options
    depends on many things, like placement and natural pain tolerance. my shoulders didnt hurt very much, my forearms hurt a bit more but not to bad, my chest towards the center and near the nipple hurt pretty bad but then again I sat for 7 hours to get my "chest plates" done.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Nope

Yeah you just got lied to! ;-)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nope

Yeah you just got lied to! ;-)

Lol, amen!!
  • _jk0g_
    _jk0g_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Of course they hurt, but I LOVE mine. No regrets!