Add me! I'm 25/F/5'9.5"/195 lbs

Options
I am a recent college grad and I would like to conquer a life-long weight problem. I have always had an overweight BMI. I would like to lose 50 lbs by June 30th, 2013.

Feel free to add me if you think that we have similar goals. :)

Replies

• Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    June 30th is an ambitious goal to lose 50 pounds. I really thought when I started I was going to own this, but i have has weeks where I have not lost much weight at all. I'm sure it's different for girls, because I have been packing on muscle like crazy. Still, it feels weird to see the scale move not at all.

You CAN do this, all of us are here to support and encourage everyone, welcome to your new life!
  • Auzziedoggie
    Options
    I agree that it is ambitious, but I have seen some amazing results on MFP so I think it is totally doable!
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Good luck on your goals. I'll be here to offer encouragement!
  • shaznafathima1
    shaznafathima1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey I am 19, 195 lbs but obly 5.7" Can we be diet buddies so that we can always be there to monitor on each other? my goal is also to lose 50lb but before May. In the past i lost 30lb in 2 months but i gained it all back. Reply me if you would like to be my diet buddy, we can get in touch through email
    I am sure we can achieve it as i have done this in the past.!!
  • InPieces3
    Options
    June 30th is an ambitious goal to lose 50 pounds. I really thought when I started I was going to own this, but i have has weeks where I have not lost much weight at all. I'm sure it's different for girls, because I have been packing on muscle like crazy. Still, it feels weird to see the scale move not at all.

You CAN do this, all of us are here to support and encourage everyone, welcome to your new life!

That is what.... 7 months away? If she loses 10 lbs a month or hey... even 8 lbs a month that is TOTALLY doable. At least you are a little supportive and state she can do this. Don't shoot her down before she has a shot... she needs support, give it, but you totally had a negative thing the first sentence!!!! Thank you at least for making it up at the very end.

Auzzie.... Welcome to MFP and feel free to add if you want. You can totally do this.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You got this girl! We are the same height and the same starting weight and I am down almost 30 pounds in four months. Plus I am a couple of weeks to 40 years old.

Just have clarity of your purpose, work hard and log your food on MFP and you will reach your goal.

And of course, don't forget to lift heavy.
  • WOV_mom
    Options
    Hello, ur name caught my attention because my son's name is AZZIE, short for Azariah. Anyhow, YES! U-CAN DO THIS! It all depends on how bad u want this and like one of the replies said, even at 8lbs a month this is doable. Girl, u just have to get tired of ur weight so much that u got want this more than anything else! Make up ur mind to change for the better, eat healthy everyday and exercise, exercise, exercise, I started only 3 wks ago and have lost 8 lbs!! yes, I ate crazy sometimes but that meant I had to dbl up on the exercise. I started walking only 15 min that lead to 30 and that led me to the treadmill at the gym first 30 min then 1hr this week and now I'm also doing 15-30 min on the AudioStrider Elliptical, omg! this works so good!! Warning u will be totally sore for 3 days but keep working at it or just find what works for you. Make small changes at first than keep adding to them, u can do this, FOR YOU because ur worth it!
  • dj8052
    dj8052 Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulations on your personal goal and quest. Losing 50lbs. by next summer is completely possible. Your mind will have to be more powerful than your body to overcome the hunger pangs and physical abuse you are going to endure. The truth is at the end of the day no matter what you hear is "calories in calories out." I thought it was what you eat, which it is to some extent. Extra calories are just stored energy throughout your body. This site and program will tell you exactly what your body needs day in and out to maintain or lose weight. I would start with a 200-300 calorie defecit from your metabolic rate. Anything more too quick your body will go into "store fat" mode and none of us want that. Eating 3-4 hrs 5 times a day will assure your body you are not starving will be a huge key in how fast you lose weight. A reasonable monthly loss should be between 4-7 lbs a month, nothing more drastic. Remember lots of fruit/vegetables, water, cashews to curb that appetite. Good luck, stay focused in becoming the best possible version of you.
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Added! :)
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but I think you have a pretty reasonable goal. Good luck!

Request sent
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Regardless how reasonable a goal is, the first step is actually making a goal. And then of course, adjusting it along the way as you put in effort and learning how your body works and so on. So kudos on you, OP :)

I'd be delighted to have you as a friend, and we can motivate each other in this journey. :)