Can anyone help me?

Options
I think I must be invisible on this forum... am I not using the correct settings or something - my posts rarely have responses?
Just a simple question - please and thank you! :huh:

Fri 11/16/12 05:49 PM

Hi There,

Hoping to clarify as a newbie "heavy" lifter, if I am doing the Allpro Starter Routine 3 x per week with about 15 - 20 min (cumulative, warm-up) cardio - should I set my exercise level to "lightly active" or "moderately active" for calculating appropriate TDEE?

Otherwise I'm not very active in the day.

I'm working on body recomposition rather than weight loss/gain.

Thanks!

Replies

• CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    HI! No, you are not invisible...I just don't have an answer for you. I hope that someone else will be able to help you.
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options
    :wink: Thanks anyway! Well, it's good to know at least someone could see my post!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I think I must be invisible on this forum... am I not using the correct settings or something - my posts rarely have responses?
    Just a simple question - please and thank you! :huh:

Fri 11/16/12 05:49 PM

Hi There,

Hoping to clarify as a newbie "heavy" lifter, if I am doing the Allpro Starter Routine 3 x per week with about 15 - 20 min (cumulative, warm-up) cardio - should I set my exercise level to "lightly active" or "moderately active" for calculating appropriate TDEE?

Otherwise I'm not very active in the day.

I'm working on body recomposition rather than weight loss/gain.

Thanks!

I don't have an answer. But there are a number of helpful weight lifters on here. If this thread doesn't work, try one with "weight lifting question" in the subject. Good luck.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    It might help if your subject line is specific, like "weight lifting question'. Sorry, I'm not sure of what the answer is either.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    On MFP, your activity level should be separate from your actual workouts since it adds those in.

And you'd probably get more responses if you had a profile picture.
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options
    Thanks all... I did have a very specific title before and got nothing, ah well.
    I'm still new here.
    Not sure why a profile pic should make a difference as you see the post link before seeing if someone has a pic imo.

Thanks though.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... I did have a very specific title before and got nothing, ah well.
    I'm still new here.
    Not sure why a profile pic should make a difference as you see the post link before seeing if someone has a pic imo.

Thanks though.

There are lot of posts here. Someone might open yours, figure you're new, not very interested, and won't last long so they don't bother answering.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    HI - Because we can't relate to you if we can "see you"!

You've got some good advice prior to mine!

Best!
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Don't change your base activity level because of a workout. Base it on your day to day activity for work/school/home life and record activity to MFP as a separate thing. Your activity level, for most people with a "normal" sedentary day job in an office, should almost always be at the lowest setting. Only bump this up if you have a job that actually gives you regular activity. If you work in retail or food service, you'd be "moderately active" day by day. If you're a lumberjack or fisherman or something you'd be highly active day by day.

Since you're sedentary most of the time, set your activity level to the lowest level and record your workouts as exercise. I run 25-30 miles a week and do strength training three time a week, but I still have my settings to "lightly active". Most days I get between 450 and 1500 extra calories for exercise though.