What eating plan are you following?

Options
What eating plan are you following??

Replies

• LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not sticking to a specific eating plan per se, but rather trying to eat cleanly and stay within my calorie count. Eating cleaning basically means no processed foods, and keeping everything as natural as possible. Its def not easy, and im still learning, but I think its a good way to do it as it poses a lifestyle change rather then a diet.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i dont know what plan this falls under but i eat anything i want using moderation and portion control
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I do 20/4 IF but all that really does is tell me when to eat. The rest I've chosen. I just manage my calories, get at least 60g of protein a day, and lift/do strength training. I've discussed my exact eating habits with my doctor and she thinks it's very good. I eat pretty clean for the most part, lots of veggies, some fruits, lots of whey protein, lots of oatmeal, and the occasional small treat like a cookie or ice cream. Yesterday I made a super yummy grilled cheese.
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    Im diabetic so i try to watch the carbs esp the bad ones. mostly, I try to limit the amount of bread, potatoes, corn etc. that i eat..
    and thanks to this app on my phone / and pc it makes it easy to follow how many calories/carbs etc that im eating!

but i try to eat most of my foods as healthy choices as i can, but i do eat out quit a bit... esp if im out running errands or going to dr. or helping my folks... so i just use myfitnesspal app on my phone, and use that to try to make healthy choices.
    to were i dont feel deprived, but end up feeling proud of myself that i made a good choice, and i end up feeling satisfied !

and yes im not perfect ...so sometimes i go over alittle bit... but i try not to sweat it too much, and just try to do better next day! :)
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't follow eating plans...I don't find them helpful or realistic for me..they are too restrictive to maintain in my opinion. I like to eat what I want..just making it with less fat and calories....and learning to eat healthy most of the time, that way I can still indulge once in awhile when I want...it works best for me.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Paleo-ish. Mostly game and fish that we have hunted/caught ourselves, lots of veggies and some fruit, and almost no pre-packaged processed anything. The -ish, we eat quite a bit of rice and occasional dairy.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm back on low-carb again. This automatically helps lower my calorie intake. I am eating this way because I get bloated and nasty with potatoes, sugars and breads. It has taken a lot of tummy upset and weight gain for me to admit that I needed the change. :)
  • shabnaum
    shabnaum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to do high fiber, high protein in the morning so I feel full longer...after workout I do protein shake and a fruit with peanut butter for healthy fats...for dinner I try to incorporate healthy fats, protein and fiber...oddly enough I stay away from low fat BC it just makes me want to eat more throughout the day...if something is low fat, i add a healthy fat to it (ie. I'll do chicken salad with avocado- avocado is great source of good fat) when I increased my good fats I started dropping weight quickly BC I didn't crave other junk foods like ice cream or sweets (my weakness)...with everything, I try to keep the calorie count low..I call it my high fiber, high protein, low calorie diet...my stomach fat has gone down dramatically.
    Edit - I also substituted empty foods with no nutritional value for nutrient packed foods like sweet potato in place of potatoes and cottage cheese instead of cheese.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    LCHF with an emphasis on real food. There's still some junk left in my diet (thing like Good Seasons, Lipton Onion Soup Mix and peperoni) but the bulk is made up of the best quality meats, vegetables and fruits available to me. I avoid all of the packaged low carb and sugar free products. Not only do I feel great eating this way I've found that I don't need to count calories or carbs and I'm still losing weight. I still check into MFP daily and occasionally log for a week or two at a time just to keep me on track and see where I'm at.

My diet might be restrictive but so far it's been easy to follow and it's sustainable without food scales and calorie counting or fitbits and gym workouts which is hugely appealing to me.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Eat Less, Move More
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Get enough protein - be smart about what kind of fat I consume - eat a little less calories than I expend.

Well, at least most of the time, I've been a very bad boy for tha last month and a half :wink:

Oh - and make most food myself from good raw materials. Not only do I then know, what's in it; it also tastes better.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do the "fits your macros" type of plan. I aim for protein and fats as a minimum of 25% each of my calories, then let carbs fall where they fall. I am too spontaneous to stick to a strict plan.
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The plan where I eat things I like everyday (in moderation), stay under my calorie limits, and lose weight. I think strict "diet plans" and eliminating food groups set you up for failure. If I can't have comfort food from time to time, life just isn't worth living :drinker:

But hey, to each his own. Find something that works for you.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    What eating plan are you following??

My own. Over the years I ran and lifted weights, I practiced martial arts, ran marathons, hiked, skied, and biked. Over the decades the weight piled on. I kept on working out harder and harder thinking I would lose the weight but it kept growing. I tried diets, lost, then gained, lost, then gained, the typical yo-yo story. At age 48 I finally reached my peak of 171 lbs. at 5’1″. I had chronic back pain and thyroid and adrenal fatigue. I kept working out and running one marathon after the next thinking maybe this time it will work. Nope, the weight stayed on. Everyone told me to give up; this is what happens when you get older.

These were the diets I tried and failed and did the diet yo-yo with for 15 years:

Low fat high carb, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Organic, Weston Price Diet, The Schwarzbein Principle, Eat Fat Lose Fat, The Ultimate PH Solution, The Makers Diet, A friends diet from a personal trainer/dietician

I finally just got sick of it all and made up my own diet with healthy foods I enjoy and smaller portions. I ate my meals from small desert plates and bowls. I stopped eating in the evenings (not that when you eat matters.) I started calling what I did mini-meals and mini-fasts and I lost 40 lbs. Then I found Eat Stop Eat and learned why it worked and everything took off for me at that point.

Eat what you want, eat what you like, mostly healthy. Don’t deprive yourself of foods you love unless there is a serious health risk. Depriving yourself of food you love and creating extensive good food and bad food lists at some point borders on a mental disorder. It will drive you insane.

All that matters is calories. A healthy balanced diet within a calorie budget for a deficit that is right for YOU is all that matters for weight loss. Don't make it complicated.

You want to eat as healthy as you can because it makes you feel better and perform better, and makes you healthier. There are a bunch of tricks and clean eating; reducing sugar (especially HFCS), fiber, white flour vs whole grain, low carb, low fat, on and on. All that matters is calories for weight loss. If you need to eat a certain way for health reasons or to feel better do it, but extensive good food and bad food lists will drive you insane at some point, it’s a constantly moving target. Just eat what you like, mostly healthy, mostly balanced, within a calorie budget. We all know what healthy is by now, just do it.

To say eat more is wrong.

To say eat less is wrong.

To find the exact calories needed for YOU to be in a healthy sustainable calorie deficit is the right answer. Wait, if you need to adjust by 100 do it, wait, adjust, wait, adjust, wait. The tortoise wins this race.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eating 20% below my TDEE. Trying to make as many nutritous choices as possible, but not denying myself something that I want. So, in other words, moderation.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I don't follow any plan, I just try to make good food choices as much as possible. Some days I eat 1350, other days it could be 1800+. It just depends on how hungry I am on the day. I eat back some of my exercise calories and TRY to have at least 250 left over. :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am eating less but pretty much eat what I want within reason and calorie limits. I avoid potatoes, rice and breads as they make me bloated and generally yucky feeling but if they present themselves I don't run for the hills. I try to avoid the processed, sugared crap but when I don't I adjust calories for it. I try not to do this often as i am giving up nutrient dense calories for crap.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm using Dan's IPOARM, eating at maintenance (considering a slight bulk) for now and then cutting to -10 or 15% TDEE in the Spring. Macros are 50/25/25 - 40/30/30. I like food.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Portion control with calorie counting. No deprivation of foods I really want to eat, but I definitely eat significantly smaller portions than I did before of the calorie dense foods, and I've doubled my colorful veggies, and cut out the foods that make me feel bloated/sick. The biggest culprits to the yucky feeling category are potatoes and milk products.

Exercise, exercise, exercise! I try to be actively moving my body with a goal of fitness/health for a minimum of 1 hour 6 days a week.