Mental NSV Today

Options
I've always known that weight loss is both physical and mental- well I FINALLY had a mental break though this morning. I took a picture with my Zumba instructor last night and looked at it this morning. Usually when I'm in a picture with someone who is fit, I feel like I am WAY bigger than they are... but my first thought was "wow, I really look good". This is probably the first time I've ever had that thought!

Oh and I hit 60 lbs today!! Whoo hoo!!

So... this caused me to finally pull the plug on giving clothes away. I'm about 3 sizes smaller, but I was holding on to my "fat" clothes... not anymore. Gave 2 big bins of clothes to other family members. It was a weird feeling, but I WILL NOT be back in that size :)

Have you had a mental break through?

Replies

• stingraycat
    Options
    I'd like to suggest resizing your "fat" clothes. I don't know if you sew, but it's way cheaper than buying all new stuff.
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion- I'm more excited about my NSVs!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd like to suggest buying a fab NEW wardrobe! You deserve it! Congrats on breakthrough!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd like to suggest buying a fab NEW wardrobe! You deserve it! Congrats on breakthrough!

I like the way you think :) I haven't really bought new clothes in a while so it's fun going to "regular" stores and not plus size stores to try on clothes. Plus I won a weight loss contest and used that money for new cute clothes :)