Gimme that motivation!

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
Okay, so, I was going to the gym almost daily back in October and November and lost about 18 lbs. I've gained maybe 2 or 3 back, but nothing to kill myself over. However, since this semester started in January, I can count the # of times I've gone to the gym on one hand. I feel bad and I'm starting to get all panicky and worried, but at the same time I can't seem to make myself get off me *kitten* to do anything about it.

Someone, give me some magic words. Something! ANYthing! I just wanna start going regularly again and reach my goal.

Replies

• kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Taken especially from yourself "Time to stop talking and to start doing something..."
    Just do it, you'll instantly feel better once you start visiting the gym or exercising outside (since it is starting to get nice) regularly.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Well there are no magic words. You have to figure out what motivates you. For a lot of people rewards work. Such as if I work out 4 days a week for two weeks I will buy myself X or if I lose 5 lbs I will treat myself to X. Also sometimes it helps if you work out in the morning that way you don't have all day to let yourself think of reasons not to go. Sometimes I tell myself I will only do 20 minutes at the gym but of course once I get there I want to keep going. Another helpful tool is having somthing at home like weights, a work out video, wii fit, etc for days when you are too tired to make it to the gym. Good luck.
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just stop and remember how good you feel after you workout. I know that i do. The hardest part is getting up off your butt and going. JUST DO IT!!! You will be so much happier in the end!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Try breaking it down into steps.

I will pack my stuff to go to the gym (hopefully you will feel dumb about packing stuff and then not using it.)
    I will go to the gym and do one easy/enjoyable thing. (hopefully once you are there you will try to make the most of it.)

Good luck!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Actually, I would like to thank those who responded. :-) Turns out, you DID have the magic words. I did some Wii fit in between by work and class and then after supper, I went to the gym and pushed myself as hard, if not harder, than I pushed myself when I'd last been there, and I felt great for it. And today... well, I feel the usual pain. Haha. But I'm HAPPY for this pain.