2 Ingredient, 96 Calorie Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Options
I made these cookies last night. They've got a delightfully cake-y texture and are pretty decent sized for less than 100 calories. I made 30 cookies, so that's what my nutrition calculations are based on. Before I added in the glaze, the nutrition calculator listed them as 73 calories each, so you can make them even healthier if you leave that off. They were great without it, but I didn't think they were pretty enough and wanted to kick them up a notch. Bonus: the cookies themselves only require two ingredients. Two!

1 box spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)

Stir the two ingredients together until they are thoroughly mixed. Drop in balls on a greased cookie sheet leaving plenty of space between cookies. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes (I used convection and baked them at 325 for 10 minutes).

That's it!

For the glaze:

2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract (or not, I'm obsessed with it's flavor, so I add it to almost everything)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2-6 tbsp milk (I used 2%)

Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, almond, and cinnamon together. It will be clumpy. Add the milk one tablespoon at a time until your glaze is runny, but not watery. You want to be able to drizzle it, but it should stick on the cookies a little bit. If it's too watery, it'll end up all over your cookie sheet and won't harden. Drizzle it over the cookies. I had more than enough to put a decent coating on my cookies.

Replies