5 months to ONE-derland!!!! :-)

Options
I decided that I needed to change my life (again) when I stepped on the scale on June 18. 2012. I weighed in at 265.4! OMG! I guess I knew I was big, but I didn't realize how bad it was! This was my highest wight. Today marks 5 months since I decided I needed to change my life.

Back in 2008 I weighed in at 220 and brought myself down to 194. I did this in 3 months and stopped because I was.....

1. Starving myself
2. Exercising 2 times a day and couldn't keep up
3. Hitting a plateau

As you can see I gained all that weight back and then some! Like I said, I started at 265.4, but today I weighed in at 199.5 and did this in 5 months! I lost a total of 65.9 pounds! I still have a lot more to lose, but at least I know I can do it since I am 5 months in. I hope to lose a total of at least 80 pounds before Jan. 1st. And this time I.....

1. Still eat the foods I love, but I monitor the portion and how often
2. Exercise 1 time a day and not everyday, but almost everyday
3. Pushed through every mini plateau I have hit.

I wish all of you the best on your weight loss journeys and if I can do it so can you!!!! :-)

-Lauren

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Life style change > dieting! Congratulations on the ONEderland!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome, you can do it. I for one think that is a very great success, I started out at 264 pounds after my 5th pregnancy and 8 months later weigh 232 pounds I have lost a pound a week no matter what I do. Keep up the awesome work.
  • SwitzerS
    Options
    Way to go, I started at the same weight, now I know I can do this. What did you do for workouts?
  • lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For the first few months I just did walking and my Wii fit. Then I added the Wii Active and Just Dance into the mix. Now I also go to the gym and do cardio. I just started lifting weights and strength exercises because I don't want any leftover sagging skin!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!