what music do you workout to?

Options
i personaly work out to miley cyrus pandora... i wish i was joking haha

Replies

• tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm a classical musician, so I have the loudest, fastest, most intense classical music on my workout playlist....
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i like to listen to classical when i run actually if that intense part comes on i get pumped and just start sprinting
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to death metal. Idk why it gets me so hyped up.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) What do you like to listen to for classical? I've found the first movement of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, first movement of Mahler's First Symphony, as well as the first movement of his Second Symphony are good, as long as the recordings have a more brisk tempo. Throw in some Wagner, some Sibelius, some Verdi...a nice mix. :)
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    I listen to the Dance Cardio station on Pandora. Really enjoy it. Ended up downloading all the songs on to my cell phone so I could have it with me during those times that cell reception is bad.

David Guetta, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, ATC, Alexandra Stan, Kesha, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Pitbull, and then a kick of Gangnam Style by Psy is the best thing I could hope for. It just totally lifts me up.

But that being said, a few months ago it was hard classic 80s rock. Separate Ways by Journey would totally pump me up.
  • djames92
    Options
    Awesome! :) What do you like to listen to for classical? I've found the first movement of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, first movement of Mahler's First Symphony, as well as the first movement of his Second Symphony are good, as long as the recordings have a more brisk tempo. Throw in some Wagner, some Sibelius, some Verdi...a nice mix. :)

its just type of classical pandora station beethovens pretty common on it tho!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I just hit shuffle, I listen to mostly punk/alternative rock. I still have a lot of my 90's and early 2000's music I listened to as a teen in there, such as better than ezra, sum 41, blink 182, unwritten law, Avril Lavigne, No doubt, Simple plan, the Offspring, Everclear, Stroke 9, etc. I throw in some harder stuff like Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, Godsmack, Adema, Korn, Disturbed, etc. Then I have stuff like "Barbie girl" by Aqua, Ricky Martin "living la vida loca", The Jackson 5 "ABC", Elton John "Honky Cat", just for laughs. Tons more stuff both current and old, I just have odd taste in music lol.
  • djames92
    Options
    while i do love rock music i cant workout to it personally its just that i need something thats half upbeat half relaxing
  • Nathanfd
    Nathanfd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Classic Rock, next time you guys go for a run give AC/DC's Shoot to thrill a go. I will have to try some classical music though, sounds awesome!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I listen to the Dance Cardio station on Pandora.

me too! :)
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    I made a workout mix with songs from artists I already love, it has REM, Alanis Morisette, Stone Temple Pilots, Blondie, The Stones, Tom Petty, etc. I just picked the songs with the best beats and it works really well for me!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal/hard rock

(as well as little Cyprus Hill that creeps into my playlist. I love "Rise Like Smoke." It's very inspirational, like "Eye of the Tiger.")
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to death metal. Idk why it gets me so hyped up.

Sometimes a good guitar solo makes you feel like you just finished exercising! :laugh: I know that feeling.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Pandora has a great Electronic Cardio station that powers me through workouts!