BodyMedia FIT

Options
Does anyone have a BodyMedia FIT? If so, do you like it? How does it work? Is it worth the price and all that jazz?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It's helped me maintain my 66 lb. weight loss for six months now! I find the numbers to be more accurate than MFP's estimates. The numbers are also more accurate the numbers I got when I used a Polar HRM combined with MFP's base calorie estimate. I also really like the sleep quality feature. It's been totally worth the money.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg (the exact same thing, but branded by 24hr fitness) and I adore it! It has really opened up my eyes, on a sedentary day without exercise I was only burning about 1900 calories, at the time I was eating 1500, so I wasn't giving myself as big of a deficit as a thought, but then on high workout/busy day I can burn 3,000+ calories.

I love that in the program it keeps track of the deficit you log, from logging your food and your daily TDEE and what your deficit actually was based off your results.

It's worn on your left arm and tracks several different factors to give you your calorie burn, it is not accurate for bike riding though since your upper body is so stationary. The company suggest for bike rides you take off the arm band and manually add in your calories for that time.

For me definitely worth the price, it's an excellent tool.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Love mine. and I love that is syncs with MFP now. Especially since it can balance out my sedentarty part of the day with the exercise days.

It can sync to an negative amount if you enter carloirs burn so that you don't get fooled into thinking that working out and then sitting down the rest of the day means you can still eat more. I typically set my MFP to sedentary and my goal intake at my BMR and it will take care of the TDEE.

It really goes great with MFP.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Had mine for a few weeks. Love it. Found I'm burning a lot more than fitbit gave me. Adjusted my macros a little... Starting to feel a little better. I really like it, syncs well with mfp and love all the statistics. Worth it in my opinion x
  • juiceomatic
    juiceomatic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia FIT, and I LOVE IT <3

The sleep tracking feature is so accurate, and I bought the display (I have the Core model) so I can watch my calorie burn/steps taken/ activity min and it keeps me motivated to bump up what I do during the day.

As for the biking, that's my main cardio due to a knee injury so I wear the band on my left calf during my workout and it seems to give me an accurate reading as far as activity minutes and steps taken.

Overall, it's like a personal trainer you can't hide your habits from!