2»

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    you are all describing the effects of caffeine

caffeine can stimulate you in general and for some, curb your appetite

I drink caffeine free and its the same effects

Then you my dear are experiencing the placebo effect. The poster is quite right, the caffeine in tea/coffee is what curbs appetite and increases metabolism(slightly). However, there is NO SUCH THING as completely caffeine free tea or coffee, the process to extract the caffeine from tea/coffee still misses a small amount, which is why people with hyper caffeine sensitivities still get the "shakes" when they drink decaf coffee/tea.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is just fresher black tea. It has no special abilities other than some antioxidants and caffeine.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of black tea yesterday morning , It was not green tea , It's called Revolution...... It had me wired for a few hours .:grumble:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    you are all describing the effects of caffeine

caffeine can stimulate you in general and for some, curb your appetite

I drink caffeine free and its the same effects

Then you my dear are experiencing the placebo effect. The poster is quite right, the caffeine in tea/coffee is what curbs appetite and increases metabolism(slightly). However, there is NO SUCH THING as completely caffeine free tea or coffee, the process to extract the caffeine from tea/coffee still misses a small amount, which is why people with hyper caffeine sensitivities still get the "shakes" when they drink decaf coffee/tea.

^ Yup! So people, if you're going to drink tea/coffee, don't start chugging thinking some magic liquid will "trigger" fat burning... just eat right and move more!

There's other health benefits of green tea and coffee (flavonoids, antioxidants) so feel free to keep drinking ;D
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks green tea is NASTY? I seriously like everything too. (besides green tea) YUCK.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It can, but only for an hour or two after you drink it. Spicy food does the same thing. I drink a lot of green tea.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I drink flavoured green tea, it's a nice change from regular tea (: I just drink it because I like it though. :D
  • carlachamp
    Options
    I love Raspberry Snapple with green tea in it. I don'y know if is the same as drinking actual tea but it has helped me cut down on coffee.
  • Bess_74
    Options
    Do you guys count green tea as water? I bought a box a tthe begining of the month, but havent drank any yet because I'm not sure how to log it. I've heard that green tea is a really good anti-oxidant too.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Do you guys count green tea as water? I bought a box a tthe begining of the month, but havent drank any yet because I'm not sure how to log it. I've heard that green tea is a really good anti-oxidant too.
    You can log it as water or not, your choice. It really doesn't matter how you log it - your body will see it as hydration and process it accordingly. There are some people who are of the opinion that as soon as you add anything to water, it mysteriously ceases being water and shouldn't be logged as such. Others are sensible enough to realize that your body is capable of hydration from a lot of other liquids besides clear water, and that adding something to water doesn't magically make it "anti-water".
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks green tea is NASTY? I seriously like everything too. (besides green tea) YUCK.

I love sun tea and decided to make a batch from green tea. It tasted great and we drank lots of it. Then DH and I spent hours in the bathroom. It was a good thing we had more than one in our house. Green tea is great if you want a diuretic, but an unpleasant surprise if you weren't wanting to be purged.
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    How do you make it at home??? I would love a recipe :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and all the things used for "tricks" and use them for their benefits and because I like them, but there is no magic pill for weight loss, it's all about calories calories calories and a calorie deficit. All that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit.

You want to eat as healthy as you can because it makes you feel better and perform better, and makes you healthier. There are a bunch of tricks and clean eating; green tea, reducing sugar (especially HFCS), fiber, white flour vs whole grain, low carb, low fat, on and on. All that matters is calories for weight loss. If you need to eat a certain way for health reasons or to feel better do it. Just eat what you like, mostly healthy, mostly balanced, within a calorie budget. We all know what healthy is by now, just do it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sun Tea couldn't be easier. Put several bags of tea in a big glass or acrylic jar. Fill with water, put on the cap and set it in the sun. When it looks like the right color taste it. If you like it, remove the tea bags and refrigerate. If it isn't quite strong enough for your taste, put the lid back on and leave it in the sun longer. The more tea bags you use the less time it takes, but I've never used more than 5. It does depend on the size of your jar. I've never made it with loose tea, but I imagine it would be about the same using one of the stainless tea infusers.
  • jareya
    jareya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy green tea and find it refeshing (especially with a couple of slices of lime or lemon), and that's why I drink it. Apart from water, it's pretty much the only thing I really enjoy drinking. I've been drinking it pretty much everyday for several years now, and honestly I really don't think it's had much of an effect on my weight or my metabolism. I think it helps my digestion though, helps keep me regular. And it helps get rid of water retention.