Sugar, sugar, sugar!

Options
Hey everyone! I have been hunting down yummy ways to cut down on sugar. Its nuts how that stuff adds up and sneaks its way into things we didn't even think would be so high in sugar. What are all of your low sugar go to foods?? Breakfast, lunch, snacks, or just foods in general I want to hear them all :p

Replies

• shabnaum
    shabnaum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some sugars actually increase cravings so try to stay away from maltodextrone and xylitol...a lot of the "sugar free" foods have xylitol, which increases your cravings for more sugar....natural sugar is better, like stevia or sugar found in fruits...if you look at ingredient lists, you would be surprised to see how many of your favorite foods that claim to be healthy are actually increasing your cravings for sugar, which in turn cause you to overeat.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been hunting down yummy ways to cut down on sugar. Its nuts how that stuff adds up and sneaks its way into things we didn't even think would be so high in sugar. What are all of your low sugar go to foods?? Breakfast, lunch, snacks, or just foods in general I want to hear them all :p

I had to give up processed sugar several years ago for health reasons. I found what worked best was fruit and stevia. Sometimes I add a bit of pure maple syrup or raw honey (not much!) mixed with stevia to add a richness. I love liquid english toffee and vanilla stevia in coffee or yogurt. It has been a life saver for me. While not perfect, stevia in the raw has texture that the others don't.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Sorry, but after reading this, all I could think about was nuts covered in dark chocolate. So there ya go. Dark chocolate has less sugar, eat your nuts covered in dark chocolate. :flowerforyou: