Plateau?):

Options
Okay, I officially started at 126.8 pounds September 29th. I first hit 121.4 pounds October 29, so I'd lost 5.6 pounds in a month and that was great for me. HOWEVER. This morning I am 121.0, and the lowest I've dipped between October 29 and now is 120.2 a few days ago.

Yesterday I did lots of strength training for my legs, butt, & arms for the first time, in addition to the ab workouts & I've been doing daily for the past three weeks. Before I added any strength, I was strictly doing just elliptical trainer cardio 4x a week.

Since those three weeks ago when I added strength, my weight has been static between 120 and 121. For the first three or four weeks I was netting between 1000 and 1100 calories a day on average. I'd eat like 1400, but my cardio would put me under. And I didn't see that as a big deal until the weight loss stopped. But it stopped RIGHT around the same time I started adding strength.

So now, I don't know if its because I'm eating too little, or because my strength workouts are making me gain water/muscle weight? Or maybe a combination of both? I've thrown in some "cheat days", my second week I had 4 days in a row of netting 2000 a day. Last weekend I did the same, but for three days only. I thought that would boost my metabolism or something but it doesn't look like it. It's been 20 days and practically no loss. The past week I've been purposely eating more, netting between 1200 and 1400 a day. Not really sure what to do right now. Continue patiently with strength training and 1200 to 1400 nets? Increase calories even more? I don't want to do the latter because my TDEE is only 1700.

Replies