anyone on the birth control shot?

Options
or have been on it before? i got off of it over a month ago and still havn't had a TOM. has anyone else gone through this?

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the shot, but I did just study it in class (I'm in med school). We learned that it takes several weeks, can't remember the exact range, for you to have a menstrual cycle again/be able to conceive. I wouldn't worry about it, but maybe make a call to your ob/gyn and ask her/him how long you should expect this to last. That will put your worries to rest immediately!
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The nurse told me that it can take up to nine months for your body to completely get back to normal.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I was on it before.....loved it, took me about a year to have a menstrual cycle again. I've heard other say 6 months, and some start as soon as they stop the shot. It all depends on your body.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to get it back, my doctor eventually put me on the pill to make it happen. I think I was on it for two or three years.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to get it back, my doctor eventually put me on the pill to make it happen. I think I was on it for two or three years.
  • aylin
    aylin Posts: 6
    Options
    Depends on your body, the majorty of women will take 6 to 9 months for it to fully leave the system. I have been off it for just over a year, and have just started a few months ago, with a regular cycle, consistant, but before that, for the past year, it has been spotty, some 20 days long, some as long as 35 days, sometimes light, sometimes heavy.