Wine and cheese dinner : unable to digest now ?

Options
Here we go ! I was fairly nice for a few months ...Eating my veggies, fruits and greek yogurt like a big girl that I am :bigsmile:

Lost pounds, felt great but tadam !

Yesterday , cheese and wine dinner ... Fantastic meal ( I am French :drinker: ) but I feel like crap today :cry: like really physically ill ansd sick :noway: Of course I went all over my calories but I didn't even eat like a crazy woman (I did really worse bad in the days !)....

Does it mean , now, that I won't even manage to have a cheat day :brokenheart:

Did you notice along your weight loss journey that you lost your ability to digest food properly ??? I still want to enjoy food !

PS : I hope you can understand my rambling , English is obviously not my 1st language !

Replies

• prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    IMO It is very unlikely that you have lost the abilty to digest or enjoy certain foods, Maybe you are coming down with the flu or something and it is just co-incidence that you had a nice meal yesterday.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Here we go ! I was fairly nice for a few months ...Eating my veggies, fruits and greek yogurt like a big girl that I am :bigsmile:

Lost pounds, felt great but tadam !

Yesterday , cheese and wine dinner ... Fantastic meal ( I am French :drinker: ) but I feel like crap today :cry: like really physically ill ansd sick :noway: Of course I went all over my calories but I didn't even eat like a crazy woman (I did really worse bad in the days !)....

Does it mean , now, that I won't even manage to have a cheat day :brokenheart:

Did you notice along your weight loss journey that you lost your ability to digest food properly ??? I still want to enjoy food !

PS : I hope you can understand my rambling , English is obviously not my 1st language !

you're at an age where lactose intolerance may beginning to show itself. i drank milk all my life until about 6 or 7 years ago, when i was roughly your age. i started getting gassy and bloated from milk. it was uncomfortable. other symptoms appeared. this was all due to my body no longer being able to digest lactose as well as it did when i was younger. now, i only eat milk-based products in small portion sizes and only occasionally. it may be that this is happening to you and the cheese is what your body is having trouble with now.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    if you go a while without consuming dairy your body will react adversley to it when you reintroduce it
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I quit dairy for a bit while doing Whole 30, only to discover when I reintroduced it that I'm a bit lactose intolerant. I think that I felt that way for so long, that it just seemed normal until I stopped eating dairy and was no longer experiencing the symptoms. I still eat some dairy because I really love it, but in smaller portions and I watch what kinds. YES - absolutely - when you eliminate certain types of food from your diet you will often experience digestive issues when you reintroduce them - it's not just dairy -same thing goes with grains, wheat, processed foods, artificial sweeteners, etc. Eventually you will adjust to the dairy again - or just decide that a little bit of discomfort is worth it - cuz cheese is pretty darn awesome!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    if you go a while without consuming dairy your body will react adversley to it when you reintroduce it

^^This. Also, you could be dehydrated.
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drank green tea like a crazy woman all morning to try to fight dehydratation .... I am nearly drowning ! I feel so bad , I feel like I am punished :sad: Can't be just the meal yesterday, I want to believe it's a nasty virus :devil:

Thank you everybody for your kind words and advice :flowerforyou:

I'll check lactose intolerance too if I can ever swallow dairy again :cry:
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I can feel really crappy after eating very fatty foods, which I've never had a problem with before. I think my body is no longer used to large amounts of fat at the same time and reacts poorly to it.
    I doubt it's lactose intolerance that's making you miserable. You say you usually eat greek yoghurt every day, and even if you ate what is considered a lot of cheese, the lactose content is low compared to milk and yoghurt.