Have you tried Nike Training app for Iphone?

Options
found this app on the app store. It is free. Its target more for women however anyone can use it. was wondering if anyone has tried the app to see what results they are getting from it? My one complaint is figuring out the calories burned from the programs.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I go to the a Nkie Training Club class at the gym and I usually burn over 600 cals/hr...I have a MFP friend that does the app on her phone and she burns over 400 in 30 min!!!
  • pleret1
    pleret1 Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you measure that? How did you get the 400kcal per 30 min number, since nike training app doesnt tell you the caloric burn
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have recently started using the Nike app, and i LOVE it!!! I have a HRM to tell me calories burned tho...

I've done a few of the 15min targeted workouts, and I get anywhere between 170 & 200 cals. Not bad for only 15mins!

Obviously size/weight/fitness etc will play a huge part in the calorific burn. I'm around 87kg to give you an idea if you'd be similar...

But tbh, i'd totally invest in a HRM (with chest strap) if you can. They are amazing, and so motivating!

:smile:
  • Jbugfit2011
    Jbugfit2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    I recently started using the Nike app. It so awesome I love it. How do you know how many calories you are burning per routine? Can the app sync with this website? Just wondering I am new to this website and I want to sync my workouts but not sure how to do it. I think it might have to be manually.
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    I am having the same question...Kinda want to know how many calories I have burned to plug into my diary..What I have been doing it using another app to approx calculate the activity I have done, then plug it into here. Please let me know if there is an easier faster way. Thanks
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    I am having the same question...Kinda want to know how many calories I have burned to plug into my diary..What I have been doing it using another app to approx calculate the activity I have done, then plug it into here. Please let me know if there is an easier faster way. Thanks
  • StarCass
    StarCass Posts: 11
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time and it is great! Except I can't figure out how many calories I burned
  • jssca001
    Options
    I love doing it but ya I cant figure out how to tell amount of calories you burn either.
  • tracyhutchins
    tracyhutchins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same issue with nike training app. Can't find calories burned.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The app is awesome, I've been using it for months. It doesn't have a feature to give you a calorie burn though - I use my HRM for that. If you don't have one, you can estimate by entering it on MFP as circuit training or whatever exercise already in the database that you feel best matches the workout you did.

Love the variety of workouts on the app, and the rewards you get for achieving so many minutes. Some of my favorite workouts are the bonus ones.