This is what 40 lbs lost looks like!

Options
PunkyRachel
PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
This is my before and current pictures. I still need to lose 45 lbs to hit my GW of 140 lbs. I want to celebrate hitting the 40 lbs mark. It has taken me 11 months just to drop these 40 lbs. I have also gone from a size 20 to a size 12 and I'm loving every minute of it! It's so awesome not having to shop in the plus size section anymore!

A little back story, I have struggled with weight since I was a teenager, I also have PCOS and health issues that go along with that as well. How I've done it is simple, its no magic trick or anything fancy.

In January this year I just started by walk 15 minutes a day and started eating healthier, I also started taking my daily vitamins. Then at the end of January I found MFP and have been logging everything ever since. I love this website!
In February I started doing Zumba 3 times a week, and walking on my non zumba days. I can now walk for up to 2 hours without a problem.
In April I bought a Fitbit Ultra and wear it everyday. I would recommend Fitbit to anyone!
I have recently been trying to eat a low GI diet or a diabetic diet to help with my PCOS.

In the words of my Zumba instructor Missy, "Just keep moving, even if all you do is march in place!" If I can do it, you can do it it's possible, find a workout/exercise you love and keep at it or change it up. Just because one day is horrible food wise doesn't mean your a failure start fresh the next day. Never quit!

40poundslost.jpg

Replies

• thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! congrats on your success.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    You look amazing! congrats on your success.

Thank ~ you!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    wow! good for you!! you should be very proud!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    And it looks like you gained a little confidence along the way! Looking good!
  • lilian281977
    Options
    Amazing is not the word... you look great keep up the great work
    :smile: :heart:
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Congrats on your weight loss.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    You look great! Especially notice the loss in your face, arms and abs!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a big difference, you are so much smaller! You look great!!! Keep up the fantastic work and commitment! Thanks for sharing, this is very encouraging!
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    Thank-you without all you guys on MFP I don't think I would have stuck too it. I was just looking again and even the legging are bunchy and baggy looking in the 'after' picture whereas the 'before' picture they are skin tight. Yes, I have gained so much confidence and am so much happier.
  • mhogge
    mhogge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congratulations
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulationas on your hatd work.
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    what a difference! great WORK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!