sexy shoes

Options
Do you burn any calories just from walking in heels?

Replies

• OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Probably not as much as a guy walking in heels, since we're not used to it. Of course, a guy wearing heels would probably burn more calories just trying to stay upright, turn, take a few steps, stumbling, etc. :smile:

In any activity, familiarity breeds efficiency. So if you're accustomed to wearing heels, you're not going to be burning any significantly higher cals than wearing sneakers. :wink:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome if we did, because my feet are KILLING me in my big-girl shoes!! :happy:
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you do..when i wear heels(4 inchers), i def feel my calf muscles working(sometimes a little cramping from flexing the muscle on such a weird angle)... and your body's on more of an incline so I would think it would.:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I agree with meganwojo. I don't like wearing anything smaller than a 3.75" heel and that's what I wear everyday. The first time I did my Turbo Kick class, I threw my heels on and OH my GOD, my legs were killing me 'cause my muscles were stretched in my heels after all that kicking and my legs were sore for at least 3 days. So bad but so good.