headphones

Options
okay so why do the stupid headphones don't stay in your ears when you run. Any one have tips to keep them in because I can't run without music

Replies

• swingingmonkey
    swingingmonkey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    duct tape
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I gave up on fancy in-ear ones and wear dorky, old fashioned, over the head Sony's. They work great and who cares how I look when I'm running/
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have to make sure the wire isn't dangling on it's own - the weight pulls it out of my ear when I'm running. If I have it under my jacket, the jacket supports the weight of the wire, and solves the problem.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    I gave up on fancy in-ear ones and wear dorky, old fashioned, over the head Sony's. They work great and who cares how I look when I'm running/

I do as well (well, apart from the running, I'm more of a cross-trainer-slash-jealous-of-people-who-can-run type). But I go out in them as well. It's old school and therefore it is cool. :)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Not these in particular:

ablps200bhw.jpg

This kind of headphone will solve your problems. Check best buy or maybe even walmart, I know best but has some for like 10 bucks.

They are called "behind the ear" headphones.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know whats best too. I currently use Beats athletic ones with the wrap around the back of the ear business, but they are still crap. If they dont have the absolute perfect seal with your inner ear, you lose all bottom end (bass). Its annoying as hell. I am currently using them with a sweatband wrapped around the ears to hold them in place, but I am ready to ditch them and go for full over the ear cans.

Suggestions?
  • slparker75
    slparker75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and spent so much money replacing headphones after headphones. I came across Yurbuds and LOVE them! They have a twist lock function and they don't fall out. I've had them for about 9 mos or so and can't say enough about them!
    http://www.yurbuds.com/
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use jvc gummies. They are cheap and can get them at big lots or walmart for under 20 bucks. They have a foam earbud that kind of works like ear plugs. They do a great job of blocking out noise as well. I havent had one fall out while running. I just wish they were wireless.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Not these in particular:

ablps200bhw.jpg

This kind of headphone will solve your problems. Check best buy or maybe even walmart, I know best but has some for like 10 bucks.

They are called "behind the ear" headphones.

I thought they'd work great for me, but they don't - they fall off. It depends on your headshape. But they're cheap, so try them. Although sound quality is VERY important to me.