To the outdoor runners/ joggers

Options
2»

Replies

• McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike gloves that has a little pocket in the palm of each glove for a single key.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So a SPIbelt is a mini fanny pack?
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I stuff them in my sports bra
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If I'm going running, will be at with either another housemate or my dog - either way, probably other people in and definitely at least one large dog left at home, so no keys needed :).

But do run with my motoactv in my pocket and don't find that a problem. Often a phone and torch too.

But I tend to just run in whatever clothes I happen to be wearing, so not running specific shorts which may have shallower pockets.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My running leggings have a little pocket on the inside, enough space for some keys or a little ipod. so maybe a different pair of bottoms?
  • mailinator
    mailinator Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I run from home and have a garage door code I can punch in, so don't have to carry my keys.
    I second keypads. I not only changed my garage door but my front door as well. I also installed a keypad on my car. No more carrying keys when I run! (Car keypad also saves me from accidentally locking myself out of my car.)

Admittedly, the weight of carrying keys is not a big deal. The bigger concern is losing them. I know a few people who have lost keys while running and then spent hours retracing their steps along their route trying to find their keys. Yikes!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I gave up running in running shorts a long time ago. Hiking style (synthetic) cargo shorts are great - plenty of room for my keys and phone and I don't look like Richard Simmons! I should add that my wife uses an arm band - or my cargo shorts.
  • verapamil
    Options
    I have my spare house key on a carabiner clip that I attach to my running belt or arm band (where I keep my phone). I've also clipped it to my bra strap, but that lead to a bruise after a few miles. :blushing:

This. I clip the key ring to the carabiner clip and attach to the inside of my sports bra. Have to stick it in my bra further after awhile but usually worry free.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If the kit I am wearing has no pockets, I have an old fashioned nappy pin (like an inch long safety pin) which I use to pin the key to the inside of bottoms waste band. Its secure and is not uncomfortable.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I tie a key onto my shoes via my shoelace and/or use spibelt. Depending on my running location.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I gave up running in running shorts a long time ago. Hiking style (synthetic) cargo shorts are great - plenty of room for my keys and phone and I don't look like Richard Simmons! I should add that my wife uses an arm band - or my cargo shorts.
    I turned up to a trail 10k which my friend was also running in with his local running club.
    Was wearing a random t-shirt and cargo shorts - "you're running in THAT?" one of his running club buddies ask me.
    Like different clothes will make any difference for me! (I also had a bottle of coke, supermarket sandwhich and chocolate bar in hand as breakfast to prepare for the race :D )
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I put them in my sports bra, but my friend weaves the key into your shoe laces, which I think is a great idea!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    So a SPIbelt is a mini fanny pack?

Pretty much. My Shadow Pak is even smaller than a Spibelt I think, although I've never seen a Spibelt in person. I used my Shadow Pak at Disneyland recently to hold my iphone, credit cards, cash and ID, so no fear of losing them out of pockets. The belt was totally hidden under my tee shirt, lays flat. I use it on runs too. :tongue: Both packs seem to be able to hold quite a bit of stuff, and they don't bounce around. Great little packs. I got mine at TJ Maxx for about $8.00.

http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/runners-paks-music-carriers/runners-paks/shadow-pak
  • stu_
    stu_ Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a running jacket that has a pocket in the back. In the UK, the weather lately has gone cold so there's little chance of going running without it for the next few months.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this a lot as I learned the ropes as a new runner. At first I just put them in my pocket or duffel (if I was at an event). My running jacket that I've now had about a month has a zippered pocket on the sleeve and my run pants have a small slip pocket in the waistband big enough for a single key. I also got an SPI belt recently that holds my phone, ID, money and keys (wore it on my half marathon).

Outside all those options, I started with an armband and kept my keys and phone in it. There's also a thing called a shoe wallet you can lace into your run shoes that will safely hold your key or money while you run.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I take my key off the ring (whether it's my house key or car key) and tie it with my shoelaces. Don't even notice it!

Ditto, if I am not running with my belt.
  • bekinator
    Options
    I got a free zippered wrist pouch from one of my 5k races, has a key ring attached inside. I slide it up to the back of my elbow & don't feel a thing.

If you Google "banjees" you'll find a bunch of wristbands with zippered pouches sewn into them....
    http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/spwrwa.html
    http://www.mybanjees.com
    etc etc....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    in a hole in my favorite tree in Prospect park.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing a fuel belt/hydration belt, I put my car key in the pouch attached to it. If I'm running without it, I tuck a single key into the band of my sports bra - on my side (under my armpit). It's pretty tight and not going anywhere. I also have a couple of pairs of pants with a small pocket along the waistband. Perfect for one key.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i tie my car key to my shoe lace. phone goes in sports bra, water bottle in hand. that's it.