px90 Questions !

Options
I want to start PX90......scared that I cant commit to the longer workouts as I usually only do 20-30 minutes every morning 5-6 days/week. I hate working out at night! Did those that did this program follow for whole 90 days...did you take days off? Follow the food plan?

With a family I doubt I will follow food plan. I have done The 30 Day Shred 2x and Shred it with Weights for 30 days....but 90 days seems daunting. If you have done this, how much weight did you lose and in what time frame? Can I see result pics please?!!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • simonsayzeat
    simonsayzeat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done p90x, but not fully since the equipment was a bit of a pain to get to workout at home. I just don't have the $$ and the space for it. I've done partially of it.

I am doing TapouT XT (extreme training) MMA style. I am starting on my 9th week tomorrow!
    They are about 1 hour long each workout and it just really intense, but I think you will commit to this one because everyone I know and including myself was actually looking forward to the next day!!!

I haven't followed the meal plan, but overall having myfitnesspal for your calories counting is a good start (i just signed up today for it)

I started out at 186lbs and now currently at 167 WITHOUT following the food plan. Main idea of your meal should be

Morning: lots of protein & carbs
    Lunch: some protein and some carbs
    Dinner: lots of protein and zero to low carbs

Hope that helps, feel free to add me!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I did it about a year ago. I didn't do the full time, our the full workouts. I couldn't do it now simply cause of time limits. I now have a 11 month old baby, so i couldn't commit to such horrible lengthy times. I didn't see results either. Only my endurance went up. Good luck to u
  • poesch77
    Options
    I havent even opened the box yet but you need equipment? I have 5 lb weights and a weight machine in the basement....what do you all need? Damn...I was hoping to be able to do this in my living room.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I do my own thing. Most of the non-lifting days, like Kenpo, yoga, etc, I go for a run instead. The other thing is I take breaks when I want according to my schedule. So, my rest days and theirs don't match. It doesn't matter. It's fine. Plus, I only do 5 days, not 6. So, yeah, I've modified it quite a bit. However, I do attempt to follow it as closely as possible.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I havent even opened the box yet but you need equipment? I have 5 lb weights and a weight machine in the basement....what do you all need? Damn...I was hoping to be able to do this in my living room.

You need more than 5 lbs. way more. You need bands, weights, at a minimum. You can just use bands and vary it for the different workouts. I think that's it.
  • poesch77
    Options
    I have bands....but dang it only a barbell in the basement.......heavy weights but no room to really do a dvd down there and aint hauling that upstairs....crap.
  • dtreg35
    Options
    All you really need is the bands. They show you how to modify if you only have bands. I prefer to have dumbells and pull up bar though. Good luck with it, it isnt easy but you will definetly get results!!!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I want to start PX90......scared that I cant commit to the longer workouts as I usually only do 20-30 minutes every morning 5-6 days/week. I hate working out at night! Did those that did this program follow for whole 90 days...did you take days off? Follow the food plan?

With a family I doubt I will follow food plan. I have done The 30 Day Shred 2x and Shred it with Weights for 30 days....but 90 days seems daunting. If you have done this, how much weight did you lose and in what time frame? Can I see result pics please?!!

Thanks in advance! :)

didnt ever do yoga or kenpo. did not follow meal plan. Lost 3% bodyfat.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've had it since March and started and re-started and re-re-started it. It's hard for me to commit to an hour long video each day (although an hour is easy when I go for a run - go figure). I love the workouts and you do sweat - a LOT and burn tons of calories. While I've become a pretty devoted runner I keep telling myself I'm going to get back to P90x because it is a great mix of cardio and strength training. Don't be intimidated either - start at your own pace and build your stamina and strength as you go.
  • tallgirl1960
    tallgirl1960 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 5 and I am enjoying it. It's tough but I have already improved my fitness loads, it really depends on how much you want to put into it. Equipment you need is either bands or dumbbells. I have a small set and use 10lb or 5lb ones depending on the exercise. If you are using lighter weights you do more reps which is what they recommend for a lean rather than muscular effect. Having said that I have definitely built muscles in my arms and the abs are gradually starting to show, just need to shift a bit more fat to expose them! You also need a pull up bar for your doorway although mine didn't arrive in time for the first dvd and I substituted pushing weights overhead, you can also use bands instead. I would say have a go at it, you could split the dvds over 2 days if you don't have an hour free or do some morning and some evening! I haven't followed their nutrition plan but I eat pretty clean and try and cook from scratch so I know what is going into every meal. I've lost 14lbs altogether, 8 of those since I started P90x and I've also lost quite a lot of inches all over. Best of all I can see my fitness improving each week, I can actually do 6 pull ups and about 12 proper push ups...I couldn't do either of these when I started!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Anybody got any before and after pics to share from Px90?
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I do P90X just rotate it in with my other workouts. I do not follow their food plans and workout 5-7 days a week, couple days at the gym, 30 day shred, Tae bo, P90X, Zumba the other days.... Although P90X is by far the hardest of my options I just try and do something from P90X at least once a week. It makes everthing else seem like a day off. lol
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 7 weeks now. I pretty much do it everyday. I dont follow a special diet, I just eat at a calorie deficit everyday. I try to get more protein, but I dont stress about it. I have lost 12 lbs so far and some inches too. I dropped from about a size 8 to a size 6. I actually prefer these workouts to the shred even though its longer. My husband is a shift worker and only does the videos on his days off, and he walks to work. He is also losing weight and gaining muscle. So you can modify the schedule and you will still get results.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. Gonna try to give it a go!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi poesch77,
    I'm currently on my second round of p90x. To date I've lost 38 pounds in the past 100 days. Start weight 311 current 272
    The program has been a truly amazing learning experience for me. You truly get out what you put into the program. I've become very consistent in my workout habits through the help of others doing the same program. If you would like some extra support join our group on MFP . Here's the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers

Feel free to add/ friend me if you'd like some more support.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Here's a before and after
    2r38k1k.jpg

18ku9v.jpg
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    I brought P90X a couple of months ago. I did it for 2 weeks straight and had fantastic results. Unfortunately it got abit to much with doing the workouts and walking to and from work and going to a couple of sporting practices every week.

I still exercise everyday and just throw in a P90x workout every now and then to mix things up. I think its a good step if you want to mix up your workouts. However if you happy with what you are currently doing i.e. walking/running then maybe still with that