Reheating takeout pizza

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
This is probably old news, but I only tried it out the first time tonight.

Items needed:
- skillet*
- takeout pizza*
- olive oil*
- stove heating element*

*substitute whatever works for you

Put a little (1Tish/15mLish) of olive oil (or nothing which I did, or oil of your choice) in a skillet. Either rub the oil all over the inside of the skillet or use your pizza slice to spread it around. Take a slice of pizza and put it in the skillet. Heat it up on low-medium heat (I used 5) until the crust is soft and/or pizza is heated through. Take off heat, turn off stove, and eat pizza.

The crust came out crispy and the toppings were warmed (I had bbq chicken), pretty much like it came from the shop. Took about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Replies

• amandajam2012
    Options
    I just eat my left over pizza cold. The boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. I think it taste good and I don't have to mess with the grease, getting a plate, and waiting for it to heat up...
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Damn. I WANT pizza. and I want it NOW
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Enjoy cold pizza also, if I want to heat it up toss it in the toaster oven or microwave {if you desire a soft crust wet a paper towel}.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I put it in a cold oven on a cookie sheet and set the oven to 350 ° for 10 minutes. My oven takes that long to preheat so there's already a beep when 10 minutes have passed and the oven is up to temp. Comes out perfect every time.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great tip! I usually eat mine cold. It's supposed to have a higher TEF when cold. *shrugs*

:smokin:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Never heard this before. Thanks!