Back Where I started!!!

Options
OK, I just really need to vent.

I started MFP back in Jan. and I have to say I have cheated a bit but managed to loose 6lbs. I feel like my body was getting tighter. I am very diligent with my work outs. I work out 6-7 days a week. But, lately I have just been binging on food. This weekend was a disaster. I can see such a difference in my stomach. I was so mad today I didn't even want to go work. I feel like my face is huge and puffy too.

AHHHHH!!!

Has anyone else fallen off the wagon? If so how were you able to regain your focus. My problem is food not working out. My roomate really likes to buy chocolate and I find myself eating it more than she does. How do I say no?

Replies

• puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK, I just really need to vent.

I started MFP back in Jan. and I have to say I have cheated a bit but managed to loose 6lbs. I feel like my body was getting tighter. I am very diligent with my work outs. I work out 6-7 days a week. But, lately I have just been binging on food. This weekend was a disaster. I can see such a difference in my stomach. I was so mad today I didn't even want to go work. I feel like my face is huge and puffy too.

AHHHHH!!!

Has anyone else fallen off the wagon? If so how were you able to regain your focus. My problem is food not working out. My roomate really likes to buy chocolate and I find myself eating it more than she does. How do I say no?
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We've all fallen off the wagon...you just pick yourself up and keep going, don't look back and obsess over it. None of us are perfect, but the fact that you recognized it is the first big step.

Ask your roommate for support and to take the chocolate somewhere else. Let her know that it's your weakness and at this point in your life, it's poison to you.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I know it sound easier said then done, but you have to discipline yourself, and make up your mind your not going to eat the things that will cause you to gain weight and make you feel bad for doing it. Ask your room mate to help you by not having the candy or chocolate where you can easily eat it. :wink: It's like what they say about drugs......Just say NO!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I step on the scales I had gain 3 lbs. My, problem is not working out. I work out 5-6 days a week. When I eat something that I shouldn't I do an extra workout that day. I'm sooooo :ohwell: ready to say the heck with this :sad: :sad:
  • jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    We have all had those days. You just have to shake it off and move forward. Every day is a new day dont dwell on the fact that you messed up yesterday or the day before. Just think hey this is a new day and I am going to do better. Also try to keep your place stocked with healthier options , we all have those cravings for the chocolate. but instead of your roomates chocolate reach for a sugar free chocolate pudding snack which actually taste a lot better than it sounds :) (only 60 calories) . Or a quacker chocolate chunk granola (only 90 calories) and the main thing is just know and believe that YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know what you're talking about, this weekend was horrible. I had planned on a cheat day for Monday since we were invited to a cook out, but for some reason sunday was also horrible.. I had planned on being good but the grandkids wanted mac and cheese , which is no problem, I was going to eat something else, but then a friend of ours came over and ate my meal :laugh: and I did'nt think and ate mac and cheese for lunch, when I looked at the package it was 400 cal. per cup prepared:noway: and that's when I lost it, I was starving for dinner, didn't exercise all day and monday was just as bad. Yesterday I went on the scales, I gained 4 pounds in 2 days:sad: I couldn't loose that much even if I tried:sad: and not just that, I feelt horrible on sunday afternoon:grumble: .....
    So yesterday I went back to eating healthy and doing my exercises. I'm still over 3 pounds but at least I have some energy and the next time I guess I have to plan a little better when the girls come to visit:drinker: It's almost like 2 steps forward one step back:cry: but at least I am moving in the right direction:wink:
    SO to all of us a healthy week and that the pounds come off quickly:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make yourself some non-food motivations. Each week, plan a little treat for yourself (manicure, new workout outfit, a new book, etc). But make it something you really want. Then every time you have those urges to eat something you know you shouldn't, remind yourself of the treat. Getting a friend involved too might help. Someone to share in the treat with you. That way, you can feel motivated to not only do it for yourself, but know that someone else is sharing in your good efforts as well. Just a suggestion
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am with you!!! I work out everyday i actually love to workout but my downfall is food!! I am great some days and others are like "holy hell i ate that much!!!" I don't think its a matter of disipline because when i am in the mood to eat i don't care how much i am consuming until i am so full i am going to pop then i am mad at myself!!

Last week i made the challenge to myself to regulate portion sizes(no seconds, veggies and fruits at all meals) for 3 weeks, so far so good, i make myself one plate of food and tell myself this is it. 4 weeks ago i challenged myself to no diet coke, sugar, sweets, and no artificial sweeteners, i did it and had not had a sweet tooth since!!! Good Luck to ya!!!!!!!!!! Cara
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great responses. I am trying not to look at myself in the mirror today. But, I keep taking a peek and lifting up my shirt to see how large my stomach has gotten. I will get over it.

Today is a new day. I have already work out today and burn 700 calories.

I do think a non-food reward is a great idea.

Thank you everyone!!!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great responses. I am trying not to look at myself in the mirror today. But, I keep taking a peek and lifting up my shirt to see how large my stomach has gotten. I will get over it.

Today is a new day. I have already work out today and burn 700 calories.

I do think a non-food reward is a great idea.

Thank you everyone!!!

I'm totally with you on this!

Except my husband swears up and down that I haven't actually physically changed from gaining back 2 pounds over the weekend. So I bet our tummies aren't all that much bigger and our faces aren't actually puffy... we just think they do. Back to it, people!!