I want healthier desserts!! :)

Options
Chelseaax
Chelseaax Posts: 197 Member
Does anyone have any good dessert recipes that are healthier then the usual pudding and whatnot? :)

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You might try a plate of fresh fruits and cheese wedges. Remember, the best foods are sometimes the simple ones. A few fresh strawberries, some green grapes, a few apple slices and a cheese wedge. Perfection!
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    Well, what kind of calorie range are you looking for and what kinds of things do you like?
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    fresh berry/apple/banana/mango salad! top with some yogurt, crushed nuts, etc.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ones on skinny taste and even pinterest if you use those sites.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like:

Small panna cotta with fresh fruit
    Lightly candied nuts
    85%+ dark chocolate
    A cake cone with breyer's natural ice cream
    Strawberries and homemade, barely sweetened whipped cream

But yeah, what flavors do you like?
  • KayLaul
    Options
    Greek yoghurt (with or without honey), pomegranate seeds and pistachio nuts :love: looks great, tastes awesome!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Cut your dessert in half
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Splenda packets.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Splenda packets.

That will make you crave sugar, and you'll end up overeating later.

Splenda is the overprotective parent, you're the unsupervised co-ed.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Splenda packets.

That will make you crave sugar, and you'll end up overeating later.

Splenda is the overprotective parent, you're the unsupervised co-ed.

I take splenda in my tea/coffee and it's never made me crave sugar......maybe I'm just weird.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like:

Small panna cotta with fresh fruit
    Lightly candied nuts
    85%+ dark chocolate
    A cake cone with breyer's natural ice cream
    Strawberries and homemade, barely sweetened whipped cream

But yeah, what flavors do you like?

YUM. Also would suggest a sliced ripe pear with a drizzle of agave nectar or honey, or an assortment of berries with a small dollop of mascarpone. And, if you have a grill, fresh grilled pineapple is DELICIOUS. It gets a milder, sweeter flavor after you grill it.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com :)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Mix a DRY angel food cake mix with a can of your favorite pie filling (I used cherry no sugar added). Mix those 2 things together, bake at the temp the cake mix box says and enjoy. You DO use cooking spray on the pan.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Can of pure pumpkin mixed with a box of chocolate cake mix. Bake as directed. Yummy moist muffins and a serving of veggies!!! Beware these are delish! My kids love them too!
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh and lately Ive been mixing natural applesauce with blueberries, ummmmmmm yum!!
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How about a baked apple? Core an apple, chop up some nuts and fruits of your choice and mix with some honey(could also add some oats). Bake in the oven until the apple is soft.

Or maybe some chocolate mousse: whip up a few egg whites until medium to stiff peaks form, gently fold in some cocoa, sweetener of choice(and maybe some vanilla). Scoop into a pretty glass or bowl(everything is better wen prettyfied). This is very skinny so you could add some toppings if you like. =)
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello 10 calories per 1/2 cup and fat free whip cream 20 calories per 2 tbsp.
    Special K cereal bars are 90 calories
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ I'm yet to make any of her recipes but they look awesome!!!
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    take some ricotta cheese (good quality one, I suggest Belgioioso or similar). Fresh is even better. Add some sugar (to your taste) and some liquor (limoncello would be perfect, but any other can do) and freeze it in cups. Remove it from the freezer before dinner and by the end of your meal it will be soft... sprinkle it with cinnamon.

It tastes a bit like gelato, but way lighter...

Enjoy
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Fruit with whipped cream is the healthiest dessert that I can think of.