Thanksgiving.

Options
Seeing as it is Thanksgiving this week, how are y'all going to prevent from over eating on Thursday, are you going to allow yourself a cheat day, or sticking to your diet.

Also looking for more "foodie" friends, who are on this journey as well.

Replies

• smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm going to workout extra before and after and I'm going to relax and enjoy my family, I am not planning on a full out cheat day but I will enjoy the meal prepared for me and I know it is just 1 day, not the end of all I've done.

Enjoy your Thankgiving day

Friday is a new day
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I decided I am gonna enjoy the day however I am gonna try to have some portion control. I am not going in planing on over eating however if I do I am not gonna sweat it cause it it Thanksgiving. I am gonna workout before and after dinner. well thats the plan. lol. I have to push harder on the workouts this week so if I do over eat I can not feel so guitly. lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My opinion- just relax and enjoy the holiday- enjoy the food with your friends and family, but log it as accurately as possible. Then, when it's over, don't let your break creep in to a whole week of indulgence. Back on track on Friday. Don't bother trying to insanely exercise it off or cut the rest of the week- one day of indulgence won't hurt anybody. The trouble is when thanksgiving morphs into a week, then christmas cookies show up, and you end up having one big food fest until New Year's Day.....that's a problem.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on going completely overboard, but I'm definitely going to allow myself a little extra than usual. I have to go to my boyfriend's family first and then my family so I have to manage two meals.

I'll probably only eat a little ham or turkey and some salad at my boyfriend's family's house, maybe a desert if there is something extremely delicious. At my family's, I'll eat a good amount of turkey, a medium amount of potatoes (since they will either be mashed or covered in cheese), more salad and of course room for pumpkin pie.

That night is also going to be a night of drinking (which I rarely do) with my family, so I'll consume those extra calories.

But. I do plan on exercising Thanksgiving morning and eating a light breakfast, so I'm not too worried. I've been holding myself to my eating and exercise habits lately to lose weight, so I know one day won't ruin everything for me. You better bet that Friday I'll go on a long jog and continue logging my calories.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous two. I'm not going to go nuts, but I will enjoy anything and everything on the table in moderation.

Mmmm, except maybe stuffing.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Of course we needed another "I'm scared of eating on Thanksgiving" thread.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Like I've said a million times, if I don't consume at least 6000 calories that day, I will have failed Thanksgiving.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Of course we needed another "I'm scared of eating on Thanksgiving" thread.
    Oh, and this ^^
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am going to use portion control but I have been good with my eating, so I will cheat and have pie. =) I am making pretty much everything from scratch and using all fresh ingredients. I think that will help. =) I say enjoy your Turkey Day!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Holidays and special events are exempt from calorie counting for me. I just don't see the point and wouldn't even consider it -- an extra 1,000 calories or so is just not worth the stress of deciding what's ok to eat and what's not or making those around me uncomfortable.

That said, if I was afraid it would be a trigger for me and I wouldn't be able to go back to my usual diet afterwards -- which I know is a real problem for some people -- I absolutely would put restrictions on the day. But for me I just plan on cooking and enjoying the day and all the extra goodies I don't usually eat anymore.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    This will be me!

eat-all-the-food.jpeg
  • joapple11
    joapple11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not "afraid" of Thanksgiving per se. I know I will have to watch the sweets and carbs so my blood sugar doesn't spiral out of control, but otherwise I'm looking forward to my family time and lots of laughter! It's supposed to be about being thankful and being with family/friends. That is where my concentration will be.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I am not "afraid" of Thanksgiving per se. I know I will have to watch the sweets and carbs so my blood sugar doesn't spiral out of control, but otherwise I'm looking forward to my family time and lots of laughter! It's supposed to be about being thankful and being with family/friends. That is where my concentration will be.
    I feel really terrible about this but for me it's about the food. I see my family all the time, Thanksgiving is only once a year. :tongue:
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I'm planning it as a maintenance day. I'll switch dinner for lunch and hit the gym early. I'll avoid the smell of the turkey cooking, it's always leads me into sampling all the goodies. If things do get a little overboard I can always walk off part of it when I wake up from my turkey induced snooze.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Log some of the food you plan on eating on Tuesday and Wednesday's diary. That way, you will save a few calories earlier in the week, and your total calorie deficit will still balance out for the week. You wont kill your metabolism by being a little low for just 2 days.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My opinion- just relax and enjoy the holiday- enjoy the food with your friends and family, but log it as accurately as possible. Then, when it's over, don't let your break creep in to a whole week of indulgence. Back on track on Friday. Don't bother trying to insanely exercise it off or cut the rest of the week- one day of indulgence won't hurt anybody. The trouble is when thanksgiving morphs into a week, then christmas cookies show up, and you end up having one big food fest until New Year's Day.....that's a problem.

Well said.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This will be me! eat-all-the-food.jpeg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My exercise for that day will be lifting my fork.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make sure to eat as much as I want of whatever I want. After a few rounds, I will probably have a nap on the couch, and when I wake up, I'll make another plate. It's Thanks-friggen-giving. If you don't overeat, you're doing it wrong.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options

this