Self Sabotage.

Options
I need to vent, REALLY bad... (sorry guys :frown: )

Everything is so horrible!!!!!

Here's my list of greivances:
1.) My relationship is in a really really rocky stage. (Mostly it's just me wondering whether or not I want this anymore..)
2.) Quitting smoking is going HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!! I've gained 8 LBS!!! since last tuesday, I'm hoping it's just water.. But i feel so gross. I did really really bad this weekend with everything. I'm upset with myself. My motivaton is GONE, I have no will to keep trying except for the fact that I feel like a gross blob.
3.) I have to move in a month and we haven't even LOOKED at any apartments yet... What happens if we don't find one??? Homeless?
4.) My job sucks. As always.
5.) I'm supposed to start school online the same day I moved and yet... I don't even have a computer at home!
6.) I just want a freaking cigarette.

I just feel so down lately. I have no motivation for anything and I'm always tired. I feel stuck and I can't figure out how to get out.

Help. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I need to vent, REALLY bad... (sorry guys :frown: )

Everything is so horrible!!!!!

Here's my list of greivances:
    1.) My relationship is in a really really rocky stage. (Mostly it's just me wondering whether or not I want this anymore..)
    2.) Quitting smoking is going HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!! I've gained 8 LBS!!! since last tuesday, I'm hoping it's just water.. But i feel so gross. I did really really bad this weekend with everything. I'm upset with myself. My motivaton is GONE, I have no will to keep trying except for the fact that I feel like a gross blob.
    3.) I have to move in a month and we haven't even LOOKED at any apartments yet... What happens if we don't find one??? Homeless?
    4.) My job sucks. As always.
    5.) I'm supposed to start school online the same day I moved and yet... I don't even have a computer at home!
    6.) I just want a freaking cigarette.

I just feel so down lately. I have no motivation for anything and I'm always tired. I feel stuck and I can't figure out how to get out.

Help. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Oh baby.

:(

:explode:

I'm sure the quitting is making everything feel more dramatic, unconquorable, etc than it has to be. That is to be expected. Stick in there.

The weight is not FAT, it is just your body adjusting. It will come off as easily as it goes on. Just make sure you arent' substituting unhealthy foods for an unhealthy habit and you will be ok. Find munchies that you enjoy. Raw apples? Celery? frozen grapes? something that, while it has calories, is also not a "bad" food.

Exercise! Whenever you feel realy down, tell yourself you will go out and walk/run for 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes. Promise yourself that that is all you HAVE to do. Once you are out there, you can choose to go longer, but if you are still miserable after 5 min, allow yourself to stop . When I talk myself into "just 5 or 10 minutes". I end up going 30 and feel so much better in the end.

AS for the relationship. Only you can decide that. If you are near your period starting, be wary. When I started dieting (and esp. now that you're quitting smoking) I became really premenstrual. I had never been so before, but the last 3-4 mo I notice that I'm terribly unsatisfied with EVERYTHING in life the 3 or 4 days before my period. That includes my boyfriend. Who... the other 27 days of the month, I'm MADLY in love with. So... be careful of hormones.

However, if you have real issues, then of course, this will be a trying time.

Look for an apartment! When I moved out of my house in my divorce, I was able to find a duplex and move in in the period of 3 days. it isn't impossible... but you have a WHOLE MONTH, so start looking. that will give you more flexibility.

Online school and new job seem to go together, so you can work toward both of those things by gettnig the computer you need. Do you have the money? I got mine from Dell, even though my father owns a computer store, and my brother managed the store. My brother just couldnt' get me as good of a deal as Dell could. Check them out.

and lastly

Big Hugs. and DON'T HAVE A CIGARETTE!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

you just need to bite off what you can chew, a little at a time and no more...literally too I guess LOL...

seriously, take one thing...try to do the best at it...leave the really hard stuff for the end...like you need the apartment, you need school...choose one of those first....take care of it, and go on to the next....but all at once its totally overwhelming!! and girl..been there done that...so I feel your pain on almost all accounts hon!!!

big hug for the road!!! chin up and keep on exercising that will release stress believe me on that one too honey!!!
    ali :flowerforyou:
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your having a really bad day... First of all... if you haven' t found any where to move yet and your not sure if this relationship is what you want anymore, that sounds like a blessing in disguise. Second, quitting smoking is soooooo hard. I've ttried a million times and always fail miserable. Imagine how much better your lungs look right now then they did before. I don't have any magic words for that one since I can't seem to beat that demon myself.
    If your living on a "rocky relationship" everything else seems to follow suit. Here's a motivator. Just incase you don't want this one. How great would it be to be smokin hot and down to a good "hunting weight"? High confidence, feeling great, looking great, and most importantly knowing EXACTLY what you don't want next time. Try to find some positive things out of all this mess. Everything Ends... Just wait it out and for GOD SAKES WOMAN!!! DON'T SMOKE THE STINK BOMBS!!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Quiet your mind and the path will appear.

Change is never easy...it just IS.

When you feel the urge to smoke focus on your sons picture and breathe and within
    a few mins the urge will pass.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, chica.

I've had my share of days (weeks? months?) like that over the past few years, too. It all turned out ok in the end. Well... ok... that's a lie. I still disdain my job, we are still strapped for cash, I'm still stuck in this stupid city, I still don't have any new friends, and we also are facing potential homelessness next month, but...

somehow it's ok. Take each problem one step at a time and try to convince yourself that none of these potential disasters are really going to turn out that way. It's the WORRYING that kills us.