Gym showers!?

Options
Game8
Game8 Posts: 442
I don't know if I'm being germophobic when it comes to this or not, but I just don't understand how people feel comfortable sharing a humid environment with everyone else in their gym. Also, how improbable is it that at least one person before you had urinated on the floor? Given these and other concerns, how can anyone use gym showers at all??

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I always turn on the hot water and give the stall a good rinse all over before entering it. I also wear wear rubber flip-flops.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Never thought about the pee thing.. but its only my feet touching it, I dont plan on putting my foot in my mouth anytime soon. :laugh:
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I man up and deal with it.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have a gym next to my place so I shower at home.
  • mitzi801
    Options
    i shower at home aswell, the showers at the gym are gross!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My gym is around the corner from where I work, so I just shower there after my morning gym session :happy:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    My gym showers are freaking cold, that is the only reason I avoid them and bathe when I get home...
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    HPV is transmittable through showers and locker room floors. And it's a favorable environment for it, wet and warm. Please wear foot protection at all times!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    HPV is transmittable through showers and locker room floors. And it's a favorable environment for it, wet and warm. Please wear foot protection at all times!

^^^ This

I usually throw a long sleeve t-shirt on over my tank and then take a shower at home.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to be paranoid. Only your feet touch the shower floor, and you can protect them by wearing flip flops.