Hi, I'm Lola

Options
Hi! Im brand new to MFP, i will actually be starting all my logging tomorrow. I am very excited about taking this time to change my body, and i am very nervous at the same time. So many changes have happened in such a short time in my life. But i am excited and i am ready to give it my very best!!!!

Replies

• lisabeavers
    lisabeavers Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi! Im brand new to MFP, i will actually be starting all my logging tomorrow. I am very excited about taking this time to change my body, and i am very nervous at the same time. So many changes have happened in such a short time in my life. But i am excited and i am ready to give it my very best!!!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome and good luck Lola
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lola.. It's a great site... Good Luck! :happy:

The song "what Lola wants, Lola gets" is in my head... lol or however it goes.
  • Less4Laura
    Less4Laura Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Lola! I'm new too, just started two days ago and so far I'm addicted to this site!! Best wishes to you and if you put ur mind to it you can do it, that's my motto and I'm sticking to it :flowerforyou:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    HI Lola,

MFP is a great support system. We even chat about life in general so join in and start your life style changes for a happier healthier you!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. You've come to a great site to help you change. It's easy, fun, and supportive. You're gonna love it!:smile:
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WELCOME LOLA. THIS IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE!!!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    welcome:happy:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    welcome! and i love the name Lola, so fun and pretty.
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    That song is the ringtone on my phone guys :D
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome La la la la Lola :wink:

What kind of exercise are you planning for your week ahead?

Gotta plan girl...gotta plan! !

Soon you will be picking out your new summer bathing suit if you make yourself a priority.

Are you ready?

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Im already feeling better! As far as exercise, right now im walking around my condo complex, which has hills that range from gently rolling but doable to wait lets go get the car. So there is some uphill work, I do a loop that is about 1.5 miles, i try to expand it every day by just a few steps. I have a gym membership that ill put to good use once the weather here gets too hot. right now, my walk is about the only time i get outside :)

One thing that i am learning is that eating out is not safe for me right now. Even what appears to be a simple meal can easily end up over 1000 calories! So my plan is to come home for lunch every day. Luckily i only live 3 miles from work and can do this. Well, as long as i dont think about Wendys new twisted frosty, that is.

I have been amazed, once i started tracking what i ate, at how many calories you could consume while thinking that you are doing good. That was an eye opener for sure. So now im a week into the program, and i feel like i am learning my way around. Next week I want to walk farther, work harder on keeping my calories in line, and practice being good to myself. Just not with frosties :) How does that sound?
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    hello lola!
    welcome to the family:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hello Lola and Welcome:flowerforyou: Tomorrow will be the beginning of a wonderful change in getting healthier and happier.:happy: It's not like all the old diets, it's a life time change now and we are all here to help you along. Feel free to ask any question or join in on the conversations. It gets a little nutty sometimes , we laugh together, cry together and celebrate together. We are glad you are with us.:heart:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Im already feeling better! As far as exercise, right now im walking around my condo complex, which has hills that range from gently rolling but doable to wait lets go get the car. So there is some uphill work, I do a loop that is about 1.5 miles, i try to expand it every day by just a few steps. I have a gym membership that ill put to good use once the weather here gets too hot. right now, my walk is about the only time i get outside :)

One thing that i am learning is that eating out is not safe for me right now. Even what appears to be a simple meal can easily end up over 1000 calories! So my plan is to come home for lunch every day. Luckily i only live 3 miles from work and can do this. Well, as long as i dont think about Wendys new twisted frosty, that is.

I have been amazed, once i started tracking what i ate, at how many calories you could consume while thinking that you are doing good. That was an eye opener for sure. So now im a week into the program, and i feel like i am learning my way around. Next week I want to walk farther, work harder on keeping my calories in line, and practice being good to myself. Just not with frosties :) How does that sound?

You will get to the point where you won't crave any of those bad greasy fast foods, you will think Yuck who wants to put that in their body.:bigsmile: Just keep repeating.... Twisted frosty is the enemy:devil:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lola :smile:

You will love this site!!

~Kell