How do I reach 20g of protein per meal?

Options
Hi protein eaters!

I want to have an intake of at least 20g of protein per meal; but the nutritionist told me to have only 1 prot shake per day and I don't like peanut butter!

Any good (and yummy) recommendations? (besides chicken breasts!)

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and low fat cheeses are good sources of protein, so are eggs and tuna.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Cottage cheese, egg whites, greek yogurt. I have 1 shake per day, but have had days were I've had 1.5 - 2 shakes if something isn't playing out well. I aim for a daily g of 130 not per meal. Hope you figure it out! Also, check into fish and especially talapia, it has like 60g's of protein per serving!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    what the above poster said also lean meats and if you find you are still under a good protein powder
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Eggs, egg whites, tuna, salmon, shrimp, tilapia, tofu
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of chicken!!!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    add a protein shake!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Um... Eat meat or dairy. What answer did you think you would get?
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Block Parmesan cheese has mega protein as well.. I eat tons of talapia, salmon, tuna, egg whites and more and still have a hard time reaching my daily goals!!
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks all!

My problem are not the main meals, where I eat fish, chicken etc... but the snacks! I don't feel like eating that at 10 am :/
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Chicken, steak, fish, shrimps, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, cheese, I eat a minimum of 120g of protein per day....
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump! :smile:
  • Argent78
    Options
    Um... Eat meat or dairy. What answer did you think you would get?

well... obviously not YOUR response, smart person. CLEARLY I was looking for good ideas with more detail than just "meat or dairy"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella string cheese- 8g protein each, 60-80 cals.
    Roasted edamame "nuts" 14 g protein, 130 cals.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about getting a certain amount per meal, just overall throughout the day... I don't have very many snacks that are protein-filled. except greek yogurt and cheese... I usually just eat a banana or apple (which are mostly carbs) and nuts (mostly fats but has a little protein) I just try to get some for my breakfast lunch and dinner and don't worry about snacks so much. Although some greek yogurt, string cheese, beef jerky (I don't eat that it's too expensive) orrr maybe a protein bar would help you reach your protein goal.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

ooo where do you get roasted edamame? Do you roast them yourself?
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I keep small packs of nuts in my pocket at work for hi-pro nibbles between meals. Pistachios are a good choice if you are trying to balance calories and nutrients.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I eat those string cheese. I eat two of them for a snack.16grams right there.
    cottage cheese add some powdered protien with some fruit, or a protein bar.
  • Argent78
    Options
    I don't worry about getting a certain amount per meal, just overall throughout the day... I don't have very many snacks that are protein-filled. except greek yogurt and cheese... I usually just eat a banana or apple (which are mostly carbs) and nuts (mostly fats but has a little protein) I just try to get some for my breakfast lunch and dinner and don't worry about snacks so much. Although some greek yogurt, string cheese, beef jerky (I don't eat that it's too expensive) orrr maybe a protein bar would help you reach your protein goal.

thats sounds great to me! thanks!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Like many said... Egg white, cottage cheese, FISH...tuna,tilapia,sole (very high protein) I get 30g and up per meal sometime.
    White meat like turkey and chicken (that you know)... Etc or simple protein bars or shakes..

So many ways ;)

Yummy healthy simple way for turkey (for not having it DRY)...
    I cook large turkey breast (without skin)....In the oven at 350 for 2h30.
    Just put it in water with some onion soup pack and spices.... cover ....after take it out and cut it on a plate...all the fat's gone and it taste super great....and not dry at all...Very high protein too.
    Just an idea here ;)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

ooo where do you get roasted edamame? Do you roast them yourself?

Nah- they sell them at the regular supermarket, sometimes they're in with the packaged nuts, sometimes the 'natural foods':
    edamame_wasabi.jpg