Biggest Loser Blueberry Pancakes

Options
here_I_go_again
here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
I made these this morning and they are delicious!!!!

1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup whole-grain oat flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray
1/2 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberies

Sugar-free, low-calorie pancake syrup (optional)
100% fruit orange marmalade spread (optional)

In a small bowl, cominge the buttermilk, flour, egg white, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk just until blended. STIR in the blueberries. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist lightly with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! cooking spray. Return the pan to the heat. Pour the batter in 1/8 cup dollops onto the skillet to form 3 or 4 pancakes. ( I made two larger ones)
Cook for about 2 minuytes, or until bubbles appear on the tops and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom. Transfer to an oven-proof plate. Repeat with cooking spray and the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes total. (If you make the 8 they will be tiny, just so you know)

Serve immediately with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray, syrup, and /or fruit spread, if desired.

Makes 2 (4-pancake) servings

Per serving: 140 calories, 8 g protein, 20 g carboydrates, 3 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 3g fiber, 687 mg sodium

*Source: The Biggest Loser cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander and The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast with Karen Kaplan , page 38

I used whole wheat flour because I didn't have whole-grain oat flour and they still were ver y tasty!! I also ate both servings (the whole recipe) and double my calories for breakfast . This was a really good tasting (under) 300 calorie breakfast!!!

Enjoy!

Replies

• tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Those sound awesome!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    AWESOME! I'm so excited to try these. Thanks so much for posting!
  • semperfiwife
    Options
    bump
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!!! every biggest loser recipe that i have tried has been delicious, will definitely try these :)
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Those sound yummy! Thanks for posting.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I really want this cookbook, so many good recipes posted form it.
    Def gonna try these, I love pancakes.
    Thanks for posting.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I am going to make these ASAP! Thanks!
  • Pam903
    Pam903 Posts: 8
    Options
    Saving for future, thanks!