Any tall females stuck in their goals?

Options
I'm 22yrs old, and I currently weigh 181lbs....i was 200lbs earlier this year, and i want to get back to 170 right now realisticly, then hopefully work my way down to 150....any other tall aldies in plateau right now, or what have you done? i'm looking for new ideas, my schedule gets crazy and trying to find new work out routines to help me get un-stuck! lol, any help would be appreciasted

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    oh and i'm 5"10!!!
  • Emcdaley
    Options
    I am in a similar situation, I am 21, 5'9", and currently at about 169. I am exercising every day and eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and in two months I have only lost about 6 lbs, and that is on a good day. Most days it's still only 3-4 lbs down. I don't have any advice for you yet, as I am still trying to figure it out myself! Hopefully someone will have some wise words for us:smile:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    i hope so too!!! i remember when i used to be 130....i was waaaayyyy to skinny lol but just want to get back to 150 for sure
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I've gained .8 lbs in 6 days instead of losing, so I feel pretty stuck. :/ I'm 5'9 btw. My strategy will be patience and sticking to my current plan.
  • Sfortener
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and my trainer recommend eating about 1400 calories a day, I would say 1500 is a good goal for your hieght. I run about 15 miles a week and work on core exercises with some weights two days a week. The running helps burn calories fast , but the core and weights have been what has shaped my body the most. Loosing weight is great, but also focusing on reducing body fat % is also important. Cutting calaries is just not enough. Hope this helps!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To break the plateau set your account to maintain for 1-2 weeks and do not eat exercise. This should help regulate your hormones caused by a calorie deficit. Then come back, set your account to 1lb per week and eat 50% of your exercise calories. Also, what is your exercise routine? If it doesn't involve weight training, it should from now on. Also, if you can alter your macros. I suggest 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    thanks guys, yeah i usually just do cardio, i try to run, but i'm horrible at it so i usually perfer riding my bike, or elliptical, stairmaster, and sometimes tredmil
  • psuLemon
    Options
    thanks guys, yeah i usually just do cardio, i try to run, but i'm horrible at it so i usually perfer riding my bike, or elliptical, stairmaster, and sometimes tredmil

Drop a lot of the cardio and replace is with weight training after your exercise break. I generally suggest 3 days of heavy weight training and 1-2 days of cardio and 1 day or yoga or flexibility training. This will be a better strategy for cutting fat.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at the last fifteen pounds for about a month now, and I'm 5'8

Today, I did a bit of research on HIIT workouts instead of my usual cardio and I have also added more protein to my diet and cutting back on carbs, we'll see how this goes :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm stuck at the last fifteen pounds for about a month now, and I'm 5'8

Today, I did a bit of research on HIIT workouts instead of my usual cardio and I have also added more protein to my diet and cutting back on carbs, we'll see how this goes :)

Cut the cardio and start weight training. It's much better for fat loss and you will see greater results than even with HIIT.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    thanks!!!

Drop a lot of the cardio and replace is with weight training after your exercise break. I generally suggest 3 days of heavy weight training and 1-2 days of cardio and 1 day or yoga or flexibility training. This will be a better strategy for cutting fat.