trying to bulk up

Options
im looking for ideas on what i should eat to bulk up i already do protein shakes and lift 5 days a week and im getting some results but im looking for tips on what to eat that helps muscle building

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    any tips?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    ALL the FOOD.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a calorie surplus - about 200 - 500 a day.

Try to get at least 1g of protein per lb of LBM and 0.35g of fats per lb of body weight. The rest fit where you want but highish on carbs will probably be a good idea to help with your lifting.
  • djames92
    Options
    thanks for the advice :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Try to get at least 1g of protein per lb of LBM and 0.35g of fats per lb of body weight. The rest fit where you want but highish on carbs will probably be a good idea to help with your lifting.

^ this is good advice. She's also fun to look at as a side bonus.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

^^^THis

When I was your age, I was drinking 2000 calorie shakes along with my daily food, and couldn't gain a pound to save my life. I did workout a lot though. Your metabolism is a factor right now. EAT ALL THE FOOD!
  • samwise2
    Options
    Not sure if this will help but it's what all my lifting friends link me when I talk to them about diet.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_simple_diet
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^ this is good advice. She's also fun to look at as a side bonus.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • djames92
    Options
    thanks for the input guys
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I cant help much. If you lift, don't just lift your maxes.....lift to failure, then reduce 10 lbs, fail, drop 10 etc. MAKE IT FEEL LIKE FIRE!
  • djames92
    Options
    thats what i do. well except for mondays i do max on mondays haha
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What I mean is, lift your max, then immediately reduce the weight, do as many as you can till your muscles fail, reduce again, so on and so forth. Rest.....rinse and repeat 2 more times. Arnold says that this is what helps tear up the muscle more, and add the bulk. Since I started doing this, I have had substantial growth (for a woman).
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    you remind me of my little bro!

As others said. Eat. If you're a hard gainer, you may need to limit cardio so you don't burn more calories (which you then need to eat back)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html

^^ this site has generally well researched and thorough information.
  • djames92
    Options
    i love how helpful people are on this site you guys rock!